• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

GAL on WM6 devices

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> GAL on WM6 devices Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
GAL on WM6 devices - 23.Oct.2007 6:56:44 AM   
stuarta

I'm just trying to find all my contacts from my GAL on our WM6 XDA's. 

My Windows Mobile Device Center on my laptop is configured to sync the contacts from our Exchange server when I have it connected, but it only ever shows my local contacts and not the GAL.

I've tried the Global Access Contact from m/soft, but I it won't let me connect to my server.

Any ideas out there please?
Post #: 1
RE: GAL on WM6 devices - 19.Nov.2007 7:44:59 PM   
mark@mvps.org

The GAL isn't on the device. If connected you can search the GAL by selecting "Company Directory"

Mark Arnold (Exchange MVP)
List Moderator

(in reply to stuarta)
Post #: 2
RE: GAL on WM6 devices - 20.Nov.2007 3:25:56 AM   
stuarta

Excellent, thank you.  I see you can use this for the phone book as well, although when I get a call from someone in the company directory, it doesn't show their name.

(in reply to stuarta)
Post #: 3
RE: GAL on WM6 devices - 20.Nov.2007 3:38:04 AM   
rishishah

The lookup against the GAL is only done when the user Demands it on a WM device. Hence it will not do a lookup each time you receive a call for instance, and in addition to this in most cases the 3G/GPRS connection will break when you make or receive a call.

If you want a name to flash up when the phone rings the name and number has to be in Contacts. If you add them in Contacts within Outlook (on your desktop/laptop) via Exchange Activesync they will appear on your WM device too.

< Message edited by rishishah -- 20.Nov.2007 3:48:43 AM >

Rishi Shah, MCP

Remember to backup before applying the advice. www.saiconsult.co.uk. Happy to provide Professional Exchange Server Consultancy to anywhere in the world.

(in reply to stuarta)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> GAL on WM6 devices Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter