• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

GFI - Mail Essentials 8

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> GFI - Mail Essentials 8 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
GFI - Mail Essentials 8 - 10.Mar.2003 3:22:00 PM   
hello,
i'm haveing the following problem:
MS-ISA server and exchange 2k server are installed on the same machine.
2 network adapters are present. (192.168.0.1 and xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx).
GFI MES8 is also installed, and monitors all traffic that passes through the SMTP service.
BUT the keyword search engine, only checks mail's that are submitted on the local adress.
-> when i telnet to 192.168.0.1 port 25 and submit an Email with filterd words, everything works. but when i telnet to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port 25 i submit the same email, and the keyword checking lets the email pass.

any ideas?
  Post #: 1
RE: GFI - Mail Essentials 8 - 9.Apr.2003 8:52:00 PM   
drewdgz

You've problably figured it out by now. Just in case you didnt. I was experiencing a similar problem. The fix was to add the Internet domain to the "LocalDomains" tab of the General Properties, eg. yourserver.com

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 2
RE: GFI - Mail Essentials 8 - 20.May2003 2:27:00 PM   
komoman

Well I hadn't figured that out so it's very much appreciated! [Cool]

I had missed one of my domains and it of course was the domain getting the most spam.

Thanks!

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 3
RE: GFI - Mail Essentials 8 - 3.Jun.2003 2:21:00 PM   
n30

Okay ...that sounds good, but check this out ...here's my problem:

Router -> ISA Server
/ \ / \
M1 M2 M3 M4

M1 - Is my MS Exchange Server. It is also running Norton Antivirus + NAV for Exchange Servers. If I install GFI on this server it corrupts my NAV. It has to do with NAV's VSAPI and GFI's VSAPI trying to run @ the same time. The end result is that both of the VSAPI's do not work.

I spoke with someone @ GFI. They told me I could install GFI on my ISA Server, then install IIS SMTP Virtual Server, then route all of my e-mails from there to the actual Exchange Server.

I'm not completely new, but I do not understand this. Can anyone help?

1) I would install IIS SMTP Virtual Server.
2) In my ISA Server, setup a publishing rule for e-mail to go to the Virtual SMTP Server, THEN ...what? Does the Virtual SMTP Server forward e-mails to their final destination (MS Exchange Server?)

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> GFI - Mail Essentials 8 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter