• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Getting 550 errors when trying to receive on an additional domain

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Getting 550 errors when trying to receive on an additional domain Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Getting 550 errors when trying to receive on an additio... - 17.Jul.2014 11:35:18 AM   
PhillipsContracting

Our organization uses Exchange 2007 on Windows Server 2008. We have a main domain, say domain.com, and we recently acquired another (well, several, but I'm only dealing with one right now), and I was asked to set it up so that we could send and receive email for otherdomain.com as well.

I thought I did everything right: Set up the new domain as an accepted, authoritative domain in the EMC, set up the email address policy, and added a user with the new otherdomain.com email address. I also thought I had updated the domain's MX records correctly but it looks like something may still be wrong, because even though I am able to send using the new email account (and I can receive from others in our organization), any time someone on the outside like with a gmail or other address tries to send to the new account, it bounces back with a 550 error - recipient rejected. And the IP address shown is not the IP address I put in on Godaddy's DNS manager, but seems to be the main IP address of our website hosting company.

If this seems muddled, it's because I'm the closest thing to a sysadmin this company has, so I'm flying a little blind here. Can someone help me figure out exactly what I need to do to be able to receive on this email account? If it matters, the domain is registered at Godaddy and we use PowWeb for hosting. Otherdomain.com is basically set up on PowWeb as an addon domain using the same hosting account as Domain.com. I have access to everything.
Post #: 1
RE: Getting 550 errors when trying to receive on an add... - 24.Jul.2014 4:40:40 AM   
amanda_lakai

First, restart the exchange transport service and check if it helps. The issue can also occur if cached MX records are out of date or there are some issues with the DNS configuration. Use the tool: http://www.mxtoolbox.com/ to test if there is anything wrong with the configuration.

The following links can be helpful:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/outlook-help/i-receive-a-550-553-or-relay-prohibited-error-when-sending-e-mail-messages-HA010080002.aspx
http://forums.cpanel.net/f34/why-didnt-my-email-get-delivered-where-did-my-email-go-387312.html

(in reply to PhillipsContracting)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Getting 550 errors when trying to receive on an additional domain Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter