• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Getting Outlook to see the priv1 and pub1 again after crash recovery.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Getting Outlook to see the priv1 and pub1 again after crash recovery. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Getting Outlook to see the priv1 and pub1 again after c... - 26.Dec.2003 4:50:00 AM   
2dixon

Just ran eseutil and isinteg on my mail stores which had crashed. Got them both to mount after much effort.

Now in Outlook on the Win2k workstation the folders are empty. Obviously not reading the priv1.edb ( 40 meg) and pub1.edb ( 5 meg).

Outlook is set for Corporate/Workgroup.

Is this a matter of different profile name than I had before the crash? Not sure it is different but it might be.

TIA
Post #: 1
RE: Getting Outlook to see the priv1 and pub1 again aft... - 27.Dec.2003 1:40:00 AM   
2dixon

I should have added that I already went to the Mailbox Stores\Mailboxes and reconnected all the
"red X" mailboxes. But the users still cannot see the mail in their inboxes.

Event logs are clean.

TIA

(in reply to 2dixon)
Post #: 2
RE: Getting Outlook to see the priv1 and pub1 again aft... - 28.Dec.2003 1:38:00 PM   
pjhutch

When you say crashed? What do you mean, did the disk die, were the stores corrupted, did services stop, did the server blue screen?

I would keep trying to view the mailboxes as the server may be replaying the transaction logs to get them up to date. Then the messages may return. Otherwise it may mean a restore from tape...

(in reply to 2dixon)
Post #: 3
RE: Getting Outlook to see the priv1 and pub1 again aft... - 28.Dec.2003 9:21:00 PM   
2dixon

Hello, Peter. Thanks for you help.

Here is the history of the situation since you asked. Win2kServer crashed. Had to rebuild it.Then I restored from backup. Stores mounted only after much work with isinteg and eseutil. Now they are mounted. Current mail going in and out OK but users cannot see the old pub1.edb
stores. Historical email not too important. But the pub1.edb data is important. That's 5 megs of important data in Contacts. Click on "Contacts" in any user and the Contacts data is empty.

I'm going to use Exmerge now.Extract the Contacts to a .pst as a workaround.

Any other ideas why the pub1.edb is not being
connected to?

TIA

(in reply to 2dixon)
Post #: 4
RE: Getting Outlook to see the priv1 and pub1 again aft... - 28.Dec.2003 11:10:00 PM   
2dixon

Peter.

You were right on the money when you said,

"I would keep trying to view the mailboxes as the server may be replaying the transaction logs to get them up to date. Then the messages may return.

I just looked again after several hours and, hallelujah, there were the Contacts and old messages again. [Smile]

Thanks for the help.

(in reply to 2dixon)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Getting Outlook to see the priv1 and pub1 again after crash recovery. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter