• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Global Address List Issue

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Global Address List Issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Global Address List Issue - 10.Apr.2007 12:17:29 PM   
tomt

I'm running Exchange 03 SP2 on Server 03 SP1.  I'm getting the following warning in Event Viewer:

OALGen encountered an error ffffffff (internal ID 50303e2) while generating address list '\Global Address List'.  Check other logged events to see if this is a serious error.
- Default Offline Address List

This is coming from MSExchangeSA OAL Generator - Event ID 9109

It's also followed by this message:

OALGen encountered an error while generating the binpatch.oab file for differential downloads of address list '\Global Address List'.  Clients will not be able to incrementally update to the new version of the offline address list, they will perform a full download instead.  This is normal if this is the first time this offline address list has been generated.  Check other logged events to see if this is a serious error.
- Default Offline Address List

This is also coming from MSExchangeSA OAL Generator - Event ID 9116

I've followed the KB article instructions for the messages but can't seem to get rid of these messages.  They appear when attempting to rebuild the Offline Address List on my Exchange server.  This is extremely annoying.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom
Post #: 1
RE: Global Address List Issue - 10.Apr.2007 12:25:50 PM   
tomt

Also, Outlook clients are not seeing the newly added users in the Global Address List.  

(in reply to tomt)
Post #: 2
RE: Global Address List Issue - 27.Jun.2007 12:20:05 PM   
richardw1972

Did you ever find a resolution for this?  I'm having the exact same problem and I've been tearing my hair out.

(in reply to tomt)
Post #: 3
RE: Global Address List Issue - 22.Aug.2007 9:07:45 AM   
scott.french

I am also having the same exact problem. Did anyone figure this out? I have been looking for  a resolution an cannot find anyting on the web. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

(in reply to richardw1972)
Post #: 4
RE: Global Address List Issue - 22.Aug.2007 9:18:10 AM   
richardw1972

Annoyingly for you, this problem just fixed itself for me.  I was on the verge of smashing everything with a large hammer when suddenly it started working again.

What I would recommend is that you set logging for MSExhcangeSA - OAL Generator to Maximum and then try a manual rebuild of the OAL. That might give you some clues.

(in reply to scott.french)
Post #: 5
RE: Global Address List Issue - 22.Aug.2007 9:28:36 AM   
scott.french

I have already set OAL Gen to max logging and have found that it errors out in the creation of the binpatch.oab file which is the same as TomT. This is very frustrating issue.

When your was broken did you ever look in the OAB version 4 folder? Mine has 5 posts left. How long did it take to self correct?

Thanks,
Scott

Post #: 6
RE: Global Address List Issue - 22.Aug.2007 9:31:22 AM   
richardw1972

I did look at it, but I can't honestly remember enough details about it to be able to help.  Mine was broken for about 2 weeks.

Post #: 7
RE: Global Address List Issue - 22.Aug.2007 9:38:33 AM   
scott.french

Thanks Richard,

I am guessing after all the old post have expired it will start working again for me too, which will be in two weeks. I will keep on searching for an answer on this. I will post back if I find an answer just in case it happens to someone again.

Scott

Post #: 8
RE: Global Address List Issue - 22.Aug.2007 10:46:25 AM   
richardw1972

Please do - I'd be interested to hear what it was. Sorry I can't help more.

Post #: 9
RE: Global Address List Issue - 4.Sep.2007 10:31:33 AM   
scott.french

Richard,
I have figured it out. I believe it was a corrupt OAB file so new OAB's would fail. The fix for me was to change the age limit on the OAB Version 4 folder so it would delete all posts during the next maintenance schedule. So if your last post to the folder was 8\4 and the current date was 8/28 you could set the age limit to 22 days.The default Age Limit for OAB Version 4 folder is 30 days. I did notice also that the age limit changed back to 30 after the maintenance ran.

To see the post go to ESM, Admin Groups, First admin Group, Folders, Public Folders. Right click on Public Folders and click on View System Folders. Open Offline Address Book, OAB Version 4. On the right side switch to Contents. If prompted login use a Exchange Admin Account. You should now see all the posts to that folder.

Scott

Post #: 10
RE: Global Address List Issue - 6.Sep.2007 4:09:10 AM   
richardw1972

Nice one - thanks.

Post #: 11

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Global Address List Issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter