• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Groupwise to Exchange 2000

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Groupwise to Exchange 2000 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Groupwise to Exchange 2000 - 18.Nov.2002 8:20:00 PM   
petves

Do anyone have any idea or how to migrate a groupwise 5.0 novell email system to Exchange 2000. Migrating Novell 4.11 should not be hard, but I never migrated the email system. Any white papers or knowledge would be great... Thanks.

Peter V
Post #: 1
RE: Groupwise to Exchange 2000 - 17.Jan.2003 5:28:00 PM   
jreid

Peter,

If you happen to check this, let me know how it's going. I'm about to do the same thing.

john
jreid@aew.com

(in reply to petves)
Post #: 2
RE: Groupwise to Exchange 2000 - 20.Jan.2003 11:24:00 AM   
There are lots of white papers/advice on the Microsoft site. I have migrated 35 users so far as part of our project, and it's going quite well. I'm using the migration tool that comes with Exchange 2000 to migrate from GW 5.5EP.

(in reply to petves)
  Post #: 3
RE: Groupwise to Exchange 2000 - 20.Jan.2003 8:02:00 PM   
tcenguyen

Hi,
I think I can help. I had done the migration from GroupWise 6.1 to Exchange Server 2000.
Let me ask you about your environment first.
Do you have GW running as IMAP or just SMTP?
What I did was use the tool form microsoft in the white paper from Microsoft. Then selected users from GW ( connecting using IMAP) then for each mail box, I saved it as a file on a local computer where the utility runs. It is worth it to do it like this ( save as file) caused it might take a long time for the mail box if user has big inbox...
If you are interested in this . Let me know, I then will prepare the docs in clear detail.

[ January 20, 2003, 08:03 PM: Message edited by: Tito Lambada ]

(in reply to petves)
Post #: 4
RE: Groupwise to Exchange 2000 - 21.Jan.2003 10:50:00 AM   
microcrashboy

hey tito I am very intereste din your docs. Maybe you can do them like an article on this site. Groupwise to exchange in several painless steps [Smile]

(in reply to petves)
Post #: 5
RE: Groupwise to Exchange 2000 - 12.Feb.2012 10:48:42 AM   
nelson

There are also some third party Groupwise to Exchange migration tools which help to migrate unlimited Novell GroupWise mailboxes to Exchange server at once: These applications allow to migrate easily and without investing too much time. One of the best and globally used tool is here: GroupWise to Exchange migration tool

Free demo version is also available to evaluate the efficiency of the software.

(in reply to microcrashboy)
Post #: 6
RE: Groupwise to Exchange 2000 - 23.Feb.2012 1:11:44 AM   
janejackson

The GW plugin for Outlook that Brent makes refernce to is gw55ol2.exe. It can be found by going to the URL listed below. I might add that there is a Post update patch, gwpluga1.exe; to the GW Outlook plugin. I have included that URL also.

Seo UK
Hosting
Killeen Homes
Android App Development

(in reply to nelson)
Post #: 7
RE: Groupwise to Exchange 2000 - 6.Mar.2014 6:38:12 AM   
ChristopherLewis

Read carefully and try it by yourself.
http://exchangeserverstips.wordpress.com/2014/01/06/most-convenient-way-to-migrate-novell-groupwise-mailbox-to-ms-exchange-server/

(in reply to janejackson)
Post #: 8
RE: Groupwise to Exchange 2000 - 19.May2014 1:21:56 AM   
MelissaKreutzer

I would also like to refer here an other excellent and very advanced application for GroupWise to Exchange migration. With the help of this software, one can easily migrate GroupWise User Mailbox including inbox emails, sent folder, contacts items, calendars, trash folder, documents folder etc into Exchange or PST format without facing any hassle. For more details about this software visit:
http://bit.ly/1mJb4R9

< Message edited by MelissaKreutzer -- 18.Feb.2016 5:57:36 AM >
Post #: 9
RE: Groupwise to Exchange 2000 - 23.Jun.2014 11:19:12 PM   
DerrickAlaniz

I would recommend this third party program which has saved our a lot of time and efforts to perform migration task from migrate Groupwise to MS Exchange Server: http://www.recoverfilesdata.com/migrate-groupwise-exchange.html
Now all mailboxes are working fine on MS Exchange Server. Best things about this migration tool are that it offers multiple mailboxes migration and copies all profile information to MS Exchange server. A free trial version is also there !

(in reply to MelissaKreutzer)
Post #: 10

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Groupwise to Exchange 2000 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter