• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

HELPP!!!! IP/NAT problems

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> HELPP!!!! IP/NAT problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HELPP!!!! IP/NAT problems - 4.Apr.2006 7:44:51 PM   
Ambictus

I'm only posting this here because it's on my exchange server and I need up it BADLY.

For some strange reason my Win2K3 server running exchange has decided it doesn't want to access the internet(making e-mail rather difficult). I have it setup running an internal IP of 10.10.10.254 then in my router I have one-to-one NAT setup. This has been working flawlessly until friday(when of course I was out of town). For some reason the connection dropped and I can't get the server back online. Internal e-mail works great, but it seems that the server doesn't like the NAT. I know it's the NAT because I can assign the live IP to my server and it will hook up to the net fine. I accomplish this by putting a switch in front of the router then hooking the server up to the switch setting it up on the live DSL line. Once it has the live IP in it the server hooks up to the internet just fine and then sends and receives mail. The only problem with leaving it like this is that now my only option would be to use pop3 instead of just hooking it up as an exchange server(unless there's someway I can do this that I don't know about). Also I've tried setting the server up as DHCP then setting the IP statically to the MAC address. Still nothing.

If any of this makes sense I would appreciate the help!
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> HELPP!!!! IP/NAT problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter