• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Help Please to stop Invaders!

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Server Security >> Help Please to stop Invaders! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help Please to stop Invaders! - 6.Aug.2003 4:48:00 PM   
Itchy_s

I have recently cleaned up my mail server from relay abuse using every possible resource on the net. But i noticed i was still receiving relays. However I still managed to clean out the queues.

I then realised someone maybe in my system so i looked in the current sessions in the SMTP virtual server and i noticed external connections hooking into my server. Different user names and ip addresses constantly changing when i refresh, but all from roughly the same locale.

If someone can help me with this i really need your help to block these buggers!
Post #: 1
RE: Help Please to stop Invaders! - 7.Aug.2003 8:05:00 PM   
Roach

We had the same problem here a while back, coming from the 211.158.x.x and 218.70.x.x (known to be relaying spam). We searched and found both range to be Well known problem case, so we actually blocked the whole ip range in our Firewall...Extreme, but it did the job. My server is nice and calm.... [Wink]

(in reply to Itchy_s)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Server Security >> Help Please to stop Invaders! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter