• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How to add existing Domain users into Exchange ??

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> How to add existing Domain users into Exchange ?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to add existing Domain users into Exchange ?? - 12.Oct.2005 6:29:35 AM   
ADO_kg

Hi,
I have a Windows 2k3 domain,
If I add new user to Domain, it asks to add mail-box for him, and there are tabs in properties related to Exchange.
but for existing users there are no such tabs.

I cant find any info in books for this.
Post #: 1
RE: How to add existing Domain users into Exchange ?? - 12.Oct.2005 7:09:30 AM   
mark@mvps.org

Just go to the Exchange server and right click on the user you wish to be mail enabled. Select Exchange Tasks and then select Create Mailbox.
The process will be started to give the person an address. Once RUS has stamped the address the user may then create a mail profile in Outlook or connect via OWA etc.

Mark Arnold (Exchange MVP)
List Moderator

(in reply to ADO_kg)
Post #: 2
RE: How to add existing Domain users into Exchange ?? - 12.Oct.2005 7:30:40 AM   
ADO_kg

quote:

ORIGINAL: mark@mvps.org

Just go to the Exchange server and right click on the user you wish to be mail enabled. Select Exchange Tasks and then select Create Mailbox.
The process will be started to give the person an address. Once RUS has stamped the address the user may then create a mail profile in Outlook or connect via OWA etc.

I cant find that...
In administrative groups, tools - cant see the list of domain users..

(in reply to mark@mvps.org)
Post #: 3
RE: How to add existing Domain users into Exchange ?? - 12.Oct.2005 10:49:00 AM   
mbunch

Locate the user(s) in Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUC) and perform the tasks Mark outlines. ADUC is loaded on the Exchange servers as part of the administrative tools.

-- Mike

(in reply to ADO_kg)
Post #: 4
RE: How to add existing Domain users into Exchange ?? - 13.Oct.2005 4:19:00 AM   
ADO_kg

quote:

ORIGINAL: mbunch

Locate the user(s) in Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUC) and perform the tasks Mark outlines. ADUC is loaded on the Exchange servers as part of the administrative tools.

-- Mike

you did not understand me. I wrote "....but for existing users there are no such tabs..."

(in reply to mbunch)
Post #: 5
RE: How to add existing Domain users into Exchange ?? - 13.Oct.2005 11:36:08 AM   
kburd CH

Definitely some misunderstanding going on here.  You will not see a list of users in in ESM in Administrative Groups > Tools... but your question is how to get the exchange tabs to show up, not how to mail enable users in ADUC..correct?

(in reply to ADO_kg)
Post #: 6
RE: How to add existing Domain users into Exchange ?? - 13.Oct.2005 1:01:49 PM   
mark@mvps.org

Yes. You must do this from Active Directory Users and Computers, but ON THE EXCHANGE SERVER. Ignore what tabs are there now and just right click on one user (for now) The you can select the Exchange Options and then Create Mailbox.

Mark Arnold (Exchange MVP)
List Moderator

(in reply to kburd CH)
Post #: 7
RE: How to add existing Domain users into Exchange ?? - 13.Oct.2005 10:33:44 PM   
ADO_kg

quote:

ORIGINAL: mark@mvps.org

Yes. You must do this from Active Directory Users and Computers, but ON THE EXCHANGE SERVER. Ignore what tabs are there now and just right click on one user (for now) The you can select the Exchange Options and then Create Mailbox.

He-he,
thanx man, now I see it, will continue my education of MS Exchange.

(in reply to mark@mvps.org)
Post #: 8

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> How to add existing Domain users into Exchange ?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter