• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How to forward emails to public folder in exchange 2003

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> How to forward emails to public folder in exchange 2003 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to forward emails to public folder in exchange 2003 - 4.Mar.2009 6:15:27 AM   
tagwar

Hi Supportive people

I am trying to forward emails to public folder

I need this for

share the incoming faxes and make it available to all the corporate users.

We are using GFI fax maker 14

I am lucky and found an article take about this in GFI KB

but I reach to a step which I am not able to continue
quote:

How can I make incoming faxes arrive in a public folder?
The information in this article applies to:
GFI FAXmaker for Exchange 10GFI FAXmaker for Exchange 7GFI FAXmaker for Exchange 9GFI FAXmaker for Exchange/SMTP 12GFI FAXmaker for Exchange/SMTP 14 Article ID: KBID001132
Query keywords: exchange, Exchange Server
To make incoming faxes arrive in a public folder, proceed as follows:

Microsoft Exchange 2000 / 2003 
Create a public folder (using Microsoft Exchange client or Microsoft Outlook). 
  After creating the public folder, you should give to all users the right to create elements in the folder. (This is done by default if the public folder is at the root of the folders hierarchy).
To be sure that users have the right to create elements in the folder use the following steps:  From Outlook or an Exchange client, right Click on the public folder and open its properties.  Go to Permissions. Give to the 'Default user' the 'Author' role and 'Anonymous' the 'Contributor' role. Click on OK. 
  From the Microsoft Exchange 2000 System Manager, select the newly created folder from <Folders\Public Folders\>.
  Select properties from the 'Actions' menu (Alt-A) and then select the 'Exchange Advanced' tab.
  Un-check the 'Hidden' from 'Exchange address lists' check box and click 'OK'.
  Create a user using Active Directory Users & Computers.
  While in the user's properties, go to the 'Exchange General' tab, click on 'Delivery Options' and in the 'Forwarding address frame' select the public folder using the 'Modify' button. 
  In GFI FAXmaker configuration, configure this mailbox to receive all incoming faxes).  

this is the KB link

i didn't put it all because I care for exchange 2003 only

ok my point now in the last step in AD

While in the user's properties, go to the 'Exchange General' tab, click on 'Delivery Options' and in the 'Forwarding address frame' select the public folder using the 'Modify' button. 

I am not able to browse public folders.

I hope someone can help me in this point or tell me the best way to do this.

Thanks for everyone

< Message edited by tagwar -- 4.Mar.2009 6:25:39 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: How to forward emails to public folder in exchange ... - 4.Mar.2009 6:23:39 AM   
tagwar

sorry forget to add GFI KB Link

http://kbase.gfi.com/showarticle.asp?id=KBID001132

(in reply to tagwar)
Post #: 2
RE: How to forward emails to public folder in exchange ... - 4.Mar.2009 11:03:13 AM   
rsmudliar123

By default a normal Public Folder is not mail enabled.

If you want to make that folder recieve emais from anybody. Then Right click the folder and go to All Task and select Mail Enable.

Once you do this then that folder is a mail enable public folder with email address.

Then you can use the forwarders options or you can directly start injecting emails to that folder.

Managing and restoring such folder is time consuming be aware about the recovery process.

Thanks
Sunder

"Imagination is always good only as long as it remains practical"

(in reply to tagwar)
Post #: 3
RE: How to forward emails to public folder in exchange ... - 4.Mar.2009 10:43:18 PM   
tagwar

OK
do you have better solution????

because i don't have another option.

< Message edited by tagwar -- 4.Mar.2009 10:57:38 PM >

(in reply to rsmudliar123)
Post #: 4
RE: How to forward emails to public folder in exchange ... - 5.Mar.2009 10:11:12 AM   
rsmudliar123

What solution you are expecting?

Thanks
Sunder

"Imagination is always good only as long as it remains practical"

(in reply to tagwar)
Post #: 5
RE: How to forward emails to public folder in exchange ... - 25.Mar.2009 7:10:21 AM   
gladone

Can u be more specific about what you want? Have you mail enabled the public Folder.

If your problem is I am not able to browse public folders. Are u not able to open it in a client. Can u give us more details

(in reply to rsmudliar123)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> How to forward emails to public folder in exchange 2003 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter