• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How to give permissions to mailbox for a group?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Management >> How to give permissions to mailbox for a group? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to give permissions to mailbox for a group? - 23.Oct.2007 8:13:29 PM   
JRedmond

I want a group of people to be able to open a mailbox.  I used the following command:

Add-MailboxPermission -id MailboxName -AccessRights FullAccess -User GroupName

Even though it says it ran the command successfully people from the within the group still cannot open the mailbox.  I have to manually add each user.  What am I doing wrong?  Thanks in advance.
Post #: 1
RE: How to give permissions to mailbox for a group? - 24.Oct.2007 12:03:20 AM   
ismail.mohammed

hi,

I created few users : user1, user2, User3 and User10
Created one DL : TestDLuser and 1,2 & 3 where member

Now i want my DL users should have access to User10 Mailbox i.e Full access rights, so i followed this command
Add-MailboxPermission "User10" -User "testDLgroup" -AccessRights FullAccess

I have checked it through ADUC properties where i installed 2k3 not 2k7 and i am able to view that users under that DL hve full mailbox access,

(in reply to JRedmond)
Post #: 2
RE: How to give permissions to mailbox for a group? - 24.Oct.2007 11:54:37 AM   
John Weber

Do you have an email account in e2k7 that needs to grant full access to for a group of other people?  Do they need to also be able to send-as that account?
1.       Create the account.
2.      Create a security group.
3.      Populate the security group with the lucky individuals.
4.      Run the following from the PS:  add-mailboxpermission.
5.      Step through the command.  The zippy screen shot illustrates this.  You can also give it the command on one long string if you can ever figure out the syntax. (I removed the screen shot...)
a.      The first identity is the account that is granting the rights.
b.      The second identity is the account (in this case an SG) that needs to access/send-as.
6.      You could modify this to just fullaccess or just sendas.  Also receiveas.
7.      Remove-mailboxpermission is the reverse of this process.

another look:

When you grant a user full access permissions to a mailbox, that user has full access to only the mailbox for which the permissions are applied. With full access permissions, the user can open and read the contents of the mailbox. However, the user cannot send as that mailbox without additional permissions.

Add-MailboxPermission "Mailbox" -User "Trusted User" -AccessRights FullAccess

Add-MailboxPermission -Identity "Ellen Adams" -User TedBrem -Accessrights Fullaccess -InheritanceType all

Add-ADPermission -Identity "Mailbox Store" -User "Trusted User" -ExtendedRights Receive-

(in reply to ismail.mohammed)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Management >> How to give permissions to mailbox for a group? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter