• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Importing eml files to Exchange Mailbox Store

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Importing eml files to Exchange Mailbox Store Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Importing eml files to Exchange Mailbox Store - 7.Sep.2004 11:50:00 AM   
nclarke

A user of our system has managed to 'lose' 6 months' worth of emails from her exchange message box. We have these archived on a separate server; however, this is simply done by storing each message indivudually as a .eml file. However, how can I get them back into her mailbox? I'm tempted to drag them straight into the mailbox store, but numerous warnings of 'Don't play with the M drive' make me think this might not be such a good idea. Is it necessary to write a MAPI-aware program to do this?
Post #: 1
RE: Importing eml files to Exchange Mailbox Store - 7.Sep.2004 2:07:00 PM   
pjhutch

EML are an Outlook Express mail format. I tried drag and drop into Outlook but it creates a new mail with the eml as an attachment.

It seems that the M: drive method is probably the fastest approach. Just drag and drop them into the M:\<domain>\MBX\<userid>\Inbox

(in reply to nclarke)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Importing eml files to Exchange Mailbox Store Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter