• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Incoming Email going directly into deleted Items folder

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> Incoming Email going directly into deleted Items folder Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Incoming Email going directly into deleted Items folder - 19.Mar.2009 4:02:56 PM   
bjruss

Hello all,

Here is what is happening: we are using Exchange 2007server and Outlook 2007 client. We have several mailboxes (at least 4) that when incoming email comes in (does not matter rather internal or external) the email briefly will appear in the Inbox and then go directy into the Deleted Items folders.

The mailboxes are located in different storage groups. Some have rules and we have the cleanrules command with all. However, there is one that has no rules at all. We were able to duplicated this on several different pcs and got the same results.

Also there are no rules anywhere on the Exchange 2007 server (that has been confirmed).

Has anyone come across a similar issue?

TIA,

BJ
Post #: 1
RE: Incoming Email going directly into deleted Items fo... - 19.Mar.2009 4:07:56 PM   
John Weber

create a new profile on a new box.
does it still do it?

maybe you have pop/imap client that is set to delete on read?

John Weber [Lync MVP] http://tsoorad.blogspot.com

(in reply to bjruss)
Post #: 2
RE: Incoming Email going directly into deleted Items fo... - 20.Mar.2009 9:01:31 AM   
bjruss

Hello JW,

As I stated in my earlier post I have tested these emailboxes on several different computers (so a new profile was created). Also my environment is not using pop or imap for mail. And I've checked and it is not set to delete on read.

All incoming mail is showing up for a second in the inbox and then goes directly to the deleted items folder.

BJ

(in reply to John Weber)
Post #: 3
RE: Incoming Email going directly into deleted Items fo... - 20.Mar.2009 10:04:34 AM   
de.blackman

Can you confirm that you have no managed folder or managed default folder policy implemented on the mailboxes?

Ibrahim Benna - Microsoft Exchange MVP
Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

(in reply to bjruss)
Post #: 4
RE: Incoming Email going directly into deleted Items fo... - 20.Mar.2009 10:48:41 AM   
bjruss

Hello de.blackman,

I've checked and there are currently no managed folder or managed default folder policy implemented on the effected mailboxes.

BJ

(in reply to de.blackman)
Post #: 5
RE: Incoming Email going directly into deleted Items fo... - 20.Mar.2009 11:12:14 AM   
de.blackman

Does the same thing happen when using OWA?? Make sure you do not have Outlook open with the mailbox you are testing with.

Ibrahim Benna - Microsoft Exchange MVP
Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

(in reply to bjruss)
Post #: 6
RE: Incoming Email going directly into deleted Items fo... - 20.Mar.2009 11:28:32 AM   
bjruss

Yes, the same thing happens in OWA as well.

This is puzzling.

(in reply to de.blackman)
Post #: 7
RE: Incoming Email going directly into deleted Items fo... - 26.Mar.2009 11:58:18 AM   
bjruss

Hello all,

UPDATE

I had to call Microsoft for a solution and it seems that when some mailboxes are moved from EX2003 to EX2007 I was told that the AutomateProcessing flag is set incorrectly in this case it was set to Autoaccept. I ran the following command in the shell:

get-mailboxcalendarsettings "domain/ou/user" | fl

set-mailboxcalendarsettings "doman/ou/user"
-automateprocessing: Autoupdate

Once I ran the set command the mailbox worked normally. However, the Exchange Engineer did not have an answer as to why my newly created accounts are behaving this way. I'll just do some more research.

< Message edited by bjruss -- 26.Mar.2009 11:59:40 AM >

(in reply to bjruss)
Post #: 8
RE: Incoming Email going directly into deleted Items fo... - 30.Mar.2009 11:57:48 AM   
pstech

Thanks, this fixed my issue as well. For whatever reason as of last week the User account started having this problem, sure enough the autoaccept option was configured.

(in reply to bjruss)
Post #: 9
RE: Incoming Email going directly into deleted Items fo... - 8.Jun.2009 10:16:20 AM   
jazzaus

I am having the same issue with a single user. His AutomateProcessing value is set to AutoUpdate when I run the get- command.
This user has been running on exchange 2007 for 1 year after being transferred from the old 2003 server with no problems. This just started last week.
Any other potential solutions out there?
Joel

(in reply to pstech)
Post #: 10
RE: Incoming Email going directly into deleted Items fo... - 8.Jun.2009 10:58:25 AM   
bjruss

Hi Jazzaus,

The solution that I posted earlier works perfectly. However, Microsoft has a hotfix that also addresses this issue as well. It is one of the Update Rollups.

This didn't start happening to me until almost half a year after migration.

Hope this helps.

BJ

(in reply to jazzaus)
Post #: 11
RE: Incoming Email going directly into deleted Items fo... - 8.Jun.2009 12:25:30 PM   
jazzaus

It seemed like your stated solution was that AutomateProcessing was set to Autoaccept when you checked. Your solution was to reset that value to AutoUpdate. Is that true?

When I check the AutomateProcessing on the user it is set to AutoUpdate. I am not sure that setting AutomateProcessing to AutoUpdate again will help unless you experienced the same thing and set AutomateProcessing to AutoUpdate even though it was already at that value.

That does bring to mind that I recently installed the latest Exchange 2007 rollup. Not sure if this could have actually CAUSED the problem....

Thanks for your response,
Joel

(in reply to bjruss)
Post #: 12
RE: Incoming Email going directly into deleted Items fo... - 8.Jun.2009 12:55:41 PM   
jazzaus

The email that is going directly to the Deleted Items folder does not do so immediately. It can take from a few minutes to a few hours to get moved. It is read and unread email.
Is this what you experienced?
Thanks,
Joel

(in reply to jazzaus)
Post #: 13

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> Incoming Email going directly into deleted Items folder Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter