• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Incoming mail problem

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Incoming mail problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Incoming mail problem - 27.May2010 6:48:56 PM   
yonkee78

Hi,
i cant recieve any mail outside of LAN. I can receive internet mail (for e-mails that are in conjuction with web sites that are hosted at webhosting company) with pop3 connector. But i want to receive e-mails, for my domain which has different name than the web domain at webhosting company. Can i receive e-mails from internet for the addresses that are in conjuction with my local domainname (firstname.lastname@domainname.localnetwork)? Or do I need to apply new default recipient policy for some other name that is more suitable for internet like firstname.lastname@domainname.com.
My configuration is:
fqdn: servername.companyname.localnetwork
have static IP at ISP
added ptr record at isp for my servername, but i told them that my domain name is
group.com, which is different than the implemented one group.localnetwork
dont know why i need to add mx and host a record, and if i need to do that do i need to add them in my existing dns zone or to make new one, or do i need to set them up at my webhosting company
smtp connector - routing through dns of webhosting company
pop3 connector - not sure if i need this one, if i want to collect e-mails sent from internet to e-mail addresses which are different than the one at webhosting company (local domain e-mail adresses)

< Message edited by yonkee78 -- 27.May2010 6:50:16 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Incoming mail problem - 28.May2010 12:42:27 PM   
praveenbalan

Hi,

Your query is little cofusing, however I would like to summarize like below. You have an internal domain is @domainname.localnetwork and you have published the @domainname.com for internet, and you have a different domain(your company website - domainname.net) registered publically.

Is this is the case I would recomend to use the website address as your primary email address and the domainname.com as your secondary email adress.

But you can still create records for domainname.com and recieve emails without any interuption. As you said you may have to create a zone and register records.

give more information, so that it can be explain in detail.

Rgds/Praveen

MCSA-Messaing, MCTS- Exchange 2007,2010

(in reply to yonkee78)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Incoming mail problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter