• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Information Store could not be opened.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> Information Store could not be opened. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Information Store could not be opened. - 11.Mar.2009 7:36:21 AM   
stuaz

Hello,

Recently I made a post in another part of the forums:

http://forums.msexchange.org/m_1800503548/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#1800503658

I have solved that issue now, so thats not a problem.

I am able to - on two different accounts - go into OWA and send and receive mail just fine.

However I am now at the stage where I am setting up the Outlook Clients.

When I try and configure Outlook 2007 running on Windows Vista Ultimate, with an exchange account i get a message when trying to expand the view (The left hand side tree when outlook is open).

The message I get is:

"Cannot expand the folder. The set of folders cannot be opened. The information store could not be opened"

I have checked the permission, and who I am logging in as (Administrator) has access to the mailbox - and in OWA it works fine.

I have tried recreating the Exchange account also, just in case this was the issue.

Any ideas?

thanks again for the help.
Post #: 1
RE: Information Store could not be opened. - 11.Mar.2009 4:44:54 PM   
rsmudliar123

Have you tried configuring OL profile in a different machine?
The problem is for one user or for all users.
What is the exchange server Version?
Since its OL 2007 please make sure default gateway configured properly for that machine.

Thanks
Sunder

"Imagination is always good only as long as it remains practical"

(in reply to stuaz)
Post #: 2
RE: Information Store could not be opened. - 12.Mar.2009 1:03:44 PM   
stuaz

Hello there,

thanks for your response.

I have a little update:

While I can send and receive mail fine via OWA, and I have managed to at least get outlook to reconisge server, upon opening it I get a message stating:

"Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The attempt to log onto Microsoft Exchange has failed"

The server is up and running, and I can ping and RDP onto it fine. This happens with more than one user accounts - and even newly created ones.

(in reply to stuaz)
Post #: 3
RE: Information Store could not be opened. - 13.Mar.2009 2:10:18 PM   
rsmudliar123

Could you please elaborate about your default gateway settings on the problem client machine.

This is a known issue if your gateway is not set properly.

Thanks
Sunder

"Imagination is always good only as long as it remains practical"

(in reply to stuaz)
Post #: 4
RE: Information Store could not be opened. - 16.Mar.2009 5:06:41 AM   
stuaz

My gateway is nothing special - it runs Windows 2000. It happily sits there and I have no issues with it ever.

(in reply to rsmudliar123)
Post #: 5
RE: Information Store could not be opened. - 16.Mar.2009 7:34:13 AM   
stuaz

I figured out that the problem is only when I go out onto the internet that Exchange can't connect - If I use the Local Address it is fine.

Is there something I need to enable for this? Or is it purely a configuration issue my end with the DNS servers etc?

Also, with POP3 accounts the client has an option to remove the mail from the server once downloaded - my impression of Exchange server so far is that it keeps all the mail on the server?  How does the user remove it from the server?
Post #: 6
RE: Information Store could not be opened. - 16.Mar.2009 8:57:52 AM   
stuaz

Thanks, that makes sense now.

So going back to the Mail on the server. It effectivily will keep building up and up (Unless the mail is deleted). So how does one remove it from the server - but still keep it on the users client (Outlook 2007)
Post #: 7
RE: Information Store could not be opened. - 16.Mar.2009 10:22:25 AM   
stuaz

Ok thanks, the reason I ask is because I have one help desk email account which I then forward the mail from that to other users (Who have there own emails as well) The problem I get is that the emails effectively have multiple copies in the main help desk email and then in all the indivudal email accounts for my users.
Post #: 8
RE: Information Store could not be opened. - 16.Mar.2009 11:11:11 AM   
stuaz

Ah ok that makes sense! Thanks for the link also. That works in quite a sensible way as well.
Post #: 9
RE: Information Store could not be opened. - 17.Mar.2009 4:50:55 AM   
stuaz

The Exchange server was working perfectly fine until this morning. I was using outlook 2007 - I did a sync and it then turned round and said it couldn't connect to the exchange server. The exact message being, when I load it up:

"Microsoft Exchange is unavalible"

Options: "Retry, Work Offline and Cancel"

A bit of googling returns this link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927481

Accept I don't have that Regitry Key, to remove and I am not upgrading to 2007 when 2003 won't even work...

I figured setting up Exchange server to run and be stable would be simple - how wrong was I. Makes me wonder if I should back to having my Linux mail server.

(in reply to stuaz)
Post #: 10

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> Information Store could not be opened. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter