• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Installation of Exchange 2007 in Active Pasive Cluster

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Installation of Exchange 2007 in Active Pasive Cluster Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Installation of Exchange 2007 in Active Pasive Cluster - 15.Nov.2009 4:19:16 AM   
nadeemafzal1974

Dear Friends,

I want to implement Exchange 2007 in Cluster Active/ Pasive mode with CCR mailbox servers. Actually I have no share storage. I want that two mailbox servers are clusterd and replicate to each other. Please help me line by line cos I am newbe to cluster. I am appricaite if someone provide me the support or share some detail docuemnt with me.

Regards,

Nadeem Afzal
Post #: 1
RE: Installation of Exchange 2007 in Active Pasive Cluster - 15.Nov.2009 10:16:11 AM   
CMO6753

What is your current environment like? How many users? Are you transitioning from exchange 2003? What are your plans for your 2007 CCR cluster? Will you be using CCR locally, or across 2 locations/sites? You can get away with not using shared storage, however it all depends on what your current environment is like. Do you have any current limitations on your mailbox sizes? What about message sizes?

I believe if you look at the articles posted on this very site, they have step-by-step instructions on setting up a CCR cluster. Unfortunately setting it up is the easy part. There's a ton of considerations to look at before you build your cluster. You don't want to build a CCR cluster only to find out a year or two from now that you have to rebuild a new CCR cluster because you didn't size it correctly or didn't give it enough resources.

(in reply to nadeemafzal1974)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Installation of Exchange 2007 in Active Pasive Cluster Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter