• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Installing second Exchange server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Installing second Exchange server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Installing second Exchange server - 5.Jul.2008 12:13:24 PM   
yoderconsult

I have been running a Exc2k on a 2k box. I am trying to add a second exc server that will eventually replace the 2k box. The second server is a 2003exc on a 2003 box. I am having trouble receiving emails into email accounts that have either been moved to the new box or created new there. Emails can be sent from the accounts but not received,

I have set a a routing as forwards all email to the new box ip address as a smart host, both email servers are listed as bridgeheads.
Both servers are in the members in the same group.

Any suggestions?

Post #: 1
RE: Installing second Exchange server - 5.Jul.2008 12:21:26 PM   
Exchange_Geek

Question for you: Do you have smart host on your SMTP Virtual Server or SMTP Connector?

If you have it on your SMTP Virtual - please remove it from there, create a new SMTP Connector - have both the local servers added as bridgehead servers for it.

(in reply to yoderconsult)
Post #: 2
RE: Installing second Exchange server - 5.Jul.2008 12:43:21 PM   
yoderconsult

I made the change on the smtp connector , unclicked the smart host option and clicked on the DNS option. I have both servers listed under bridgehead.
Still cannot receive email into the new server?

(in reply to Exchange_Geek)
Post #: 3
RE: Installing second Exchange server - 5.Jul.2008 12:45:50 PM   
uemurad

Are the messages destined for the new server stuck in a queue?  If so, what is it's name?

Are you getting NDRs for those messages?  If so, what do they say?

Lool at the Default SMTP Virtual Server settings for both servers.  On the Access tab, click on Relay.  Is the setting "Allow all computers which successfully authenticate to relay, regardless of the list above" checked on both (they must be checked)?

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

Post #: 4
RE: Installing second Exchange server - 5.Jul.2008 12:57:10 PM   
Exchange_Geek

thanks for making the necessary changes - what i am concerned about does the SMTP Virtual Server has the smart host setting at the delivery tab - lets confirm that please.

Taking into consideration there is no Smart host present at SMTP VS settings - please do inform us where the emails are being stuck in SMTP Queues container.

Please do message tracking and tel us where the emails are getting stuck exactly.

Awaiting your response

P.S - After making changes for any routing emails - SMTP and Routing Engine needs to be restarted.

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 5
RE: Installing second Exchange server - 6.Jul.2008 2:16:27 AM   
yoderconsult

Thanks for the direction on trying to solve this problem.

Are the messages destined for the new server stuck in a queue?  If so, what is it's name? :Do not see any of the messages in any ques."

Are you getting NDRs for those messages?  If so, what do they say?
"The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but did not report a specific reason. Check the address and try again. If it still fails, contact your system administrator.
<steens.fotc.org #5.0.0>"

Lool at the Default SMTP Virtual Server settings for both servers.  On the Access tab, click on Relay.  Is the setting "Allow all computers which successfully authenticate to relay, regardless of the list above" checked on both (they must be checked)? " Yes it is checked"

Taking into consideration there is no Smart host present at SMTP VS settings - please do inform us where the emails are being stuck in SMTP Queues container.
" Do nto find emails in any ques"
Please do message tracking and tel us where the emails are getting stuck exactly.
"Cannot find in ques"

P.S - After making changes for any routing emails - SMTP and Routing Engine needs to be restarted. Have restart on both servers.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Ron

Post #: 6
RE: Installing second Exchange server - 6.Jul.2008 2:46:27 AM   
Exchange_Geek

Now, this is interesting - setting looks fine yet mails not being delivered.

Please run the Microsoft Exchange Best Practise Analyzer tool and lets review the results.
www.exbpa.com

Also, lets have the telnet test cleared succesfully.
http://www.msexchange.org/articles/MS_Exchange_SMTP_POP3_and_Telnet.html

Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Installing second Exchange server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter