• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Internal autodiscover not working properly

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> Internal autodiscover not working properly Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Internal autodiscover not working properly - 28.Jan.2010 8:59:05 PM   
simem1234

 

Posts: 7
Joined: 22.Jun.2009
Status: offline
Hi all,

Hoping someone might be able to shed some light on my issue. I have been running and Exchange 2007 environment with Outlook 2003 clients happily for quite some time. I am in the process of rolling out new machines which includes Outlook 2007. I am sending/receiving emails etc. fine however cannot see free/busy information or use OOF. I have a self signed SSL certificate with multiple domain names (not best practice I know, working on convincing the boss to purchase a proper one) including autodiscover.mydomain.com.
I have added DNS entries for autodiscover.mydomain.com and attempting to browse to https://autodiscover.mydomain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml prompts for credentials and then shows the placeholder xml file.
A test email autoconfiguration produces the following:
Attempting URL https://autodiscover.mydomain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml found through SCP
Autodiscover to https://autodiscover.mydomain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml starting
Autodiscover to https://autodiscover.mydomain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml FAILED (0x800C8203)
Autodiscover to https://mydomain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml starting
Autodiscover to https://mydomain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml FAILED (0x800C8203)
Autodiscover to https://autodiscover.mydomain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml starting
Autodiscover to https://autodiscover.mydomain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml FAILED (0x800C8203)
Local autodiscover for mydomain.com starting
Local autodiscover for mydomain.com FAILED (0x8004010F)
Redirect check to http://autodiscover.mydomain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml starting
Redirect check to http://autodiscover.mydomain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml FAILED (0x80004005)

I know those erros point to DNS but like I said, DNS appears to be configured correctly. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Internal autodiscover not working properly - 2.Feb.2010 8:16:14 PM   
simem1234

 

Posts: 7
Joined: 22.Jun.2009
Status: offline
For anyone interested, I resolved this by recreating my autodiscover virtual directory as per the suggestion here:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/exchangesvradmin/thread/d312ca35-185a-49a8-bc52-0b8fe3da2f56/

(in reply to simem1234)
Post #: 2
RE: Internal autodiscover not working properly - 14.Feb.2011 12:24:47 PM   
Ytsejamer1

 

Posts: 135
Joined: 3.Jun.2010
Status: offline
Good link!  I used it but it still didn't resolve my issue.  My CAS servers are in a Windows NLB based cluster (and have been for months without issue).  Once I pulled the second and third node out (i usually have a cluster of 3), everything started working again.  I put node 2 and 3 back in...everything still works.

Nodes 2 and 3 are still in a converging state, but are answering back for my Outlook configuration tests....with OAB and OOO URLs shown.  Odd.

(in reply to simem1234)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> Internal autodiscover not working properly Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts


Follow TechGenix on Twitter