• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Internal relay domain - would it work?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Internal relay domain - would it work? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Internal relay domain - would it work? - 24.May2009 3:32:21 PM   
xcomiii

Hi, I am in a process of migrating an old Exchange 2003 organisation to a new 2007 organisation. The old system is SBS2003 and to avoid any hassle with transformation packs etc, I decided to install a new AD forest with Windows2008. I have now a single DC and a Exchange 2007 server located in a seperate subnet within the firewall.

Here is my question:
If I change the MX for the existing mail domain (ie domain.com) into to new Exchange 2007 server (running all roles), can I then start to slowly migrate some users at a time? The new server will use the existing mail domain. If I understand the option internal relay domain in Ex2007, Ex2007 will relay the mail for accounts it does not find on its own server to the old Ex2003 server? My hope was to have some kind of coexistence with the old and new server, sharing the same namespace. If I setup an internal relay domain, and a new send connector for domain.com , would mail flow be ok between both systems?

< Message edited by xcomiii -- 24.May2009 4:01:13 PM >
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Internal relay domain - would it work? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter