• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Is it possible to change security/permission settings for a mailbox on the server ?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Is it possible to change security/permission settings for a mailbox on the server ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is it possible to change security/permission settings f... - 31.Mar.2004 12:33:00 AM   
-Georges-

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if this is possible to do this on the server ? Or is this only possible on user niveau ?
I have some mailboxes from users from which some of these must be totally viewable for some of our users. Can i change security/permission for these mailboxes on the server in system manager so that those users can view this mailboxes ?
Or do i have to first logon to a computer with the user who is owner from that specific mailbox and change the permissions/security from there on in outlook ?

Thx!
Post #: 1
RE: Is it possible to change security/permission settin... - 31.Mar.2004 1:33:00 PM   
markcrane

You should be able to change these permissions in AD users and computers on the server. Make sure you have advanced features on, check the properties of your user, and go to Exchange Advanced, there you will see an entry for Mailbox Rights.
Hope this helps.

(in reply to -Georges-)
Post #: 2
RE: Is it possible to change security/permission settin... - 31.Mar.2004 10:43:00 PM   
-Georges-

Thx markcrane ! I found it

(in reply to -Georges-)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Is it possible to change security/permission settings for a mailbox on the server ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter