• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Is your message recall working in Exchange 2010?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Is your message recall working in Exchange 2010? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is your message recall working in Exchange 2010? - 23.Feb.2011 2:09:22 PM   
nevermore929

When a user gets migrated from Exchange 2003 to 2010, we find their message recall no longer works. The Outlook client has remained the same. I think message recall goes through EWS, now, so maybe that's the issue?
Post #: 1
RE: Is your message recall working in Exchange 2010? - 23.Feb.2011 2:13:04 PM   
mark@mvps.org

Well, recall messages have never actually worked properly.
Sure, you will get an email saying Billy wants to recall message Foo, but the original message is underneath the recall message and you can read it.
What behaviour are you experiencing versus what you used to experience?

Mark Arnold (Exchange MVP)
List Moderator

(in reply to nevermore929)
Post #: 2
RE: Is your message recall working in Exchange 2010? - 23.Feb.2011 2:15:43 PM   
nevermore929

We've had it work before, but it's only a couple times a year sometime tries to recall a message. That was in our environment that hadn't changed in years, so it WAS working. But we've had things change, like the upgrade to 2010, and putting on cached-mode for some users. I'm also wondering if it's cached-mode-related, to where you can't recall it if it's been written to their .OST or something. 

(in reply to mark@mvps.org)
Post #: 3
RE: Is your message recall working in Exchange 2010? - 23.Feb.2011 2:23:42 PM   
mark@mvps.org

I will lay the price of a pint that when I was a little admin working twelve years ago with 5.5 and OL 97 that recalls just sat there above the message and if you wanted to read the message you were good to go. If you didn't click on the original but clicked on the recall then the original would vanish.
That would lean slightly towards what you've been seeing.
Going forward and OL2007/2010 and Cached Mode / OA becoming the norm I would advise the users that Recall is a dead technology. It sure as heck doesn't work at all on iPhones :)

Mark Arnold (Exchange MVP)
List Moderator

(in reply to nevermore929)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Is your message recall working in Exchange 2010? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter