• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Japanese Disclaimers

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Compliance >> Japanese Disclaimers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Japanese Disclaimers - 7.Jan.2009 3:59:57 PM   
mattigan

I need to create several transport rules to provide disclaimers for various regional offices in their local language, this is not going to be a problem in most cases but I am going to have to do one in Japanese which looks like it is going to be fiddly.

I have found that you can basically copy/paste Kanji text straight into the rule and everything looks ok, however, when the rule is applied the disclaimer appears a gibberish in sent mail.

I can receive external email formatted in Kanji text ok, so it's not a language pack issue, as anyone else had similar problems?
Post #: 1
RE: Japanese Disclaimers - 19.Jan.2009 8:59:45 AM   
pjhutch

Have you considered putting the Japanese disclaimer into a JPEG and then specify a HTML IMG tab in the disclaimer pointing to the JPEG file which is on a external facing web site?

Peter Hutchison MCP
Exchange Administrator
University of Huddersfield

(in reply to mattigan)
Post #: 2
RE: Japanese Disclaimers - 17.Feb.2009 2:20:52 AM   
TokyoBrit

If you copy the Kanji text into a new email and send it to an outside mail account, such as hotmail or gmail, how does it show up?

I can probably give you better advice on this once I've completed our Ex2007 implementation, since all the servers are in English but our users have Japanese Office 2003. Right now, our Exchange 2003 servers are English and I had to install the Japan locale for forms.

You might also want to look at the message header for the message you get where the diclaimer is mojibake. Look for the text encoding. Anything other than UTF8 might cause problems.

(in reply to mattigan)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Compliance >> Japanese Disclaimers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter