• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

MAC OS X/10.10 - DoS

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> MAC OS X/10.10 - DoS Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MAC OS X/10.10 - DoS - 4.Nov.2014 9:40:57 AM   
jpjms

Recently we have been experiencing performance-issues on our client-access servers (Exchange2007 SP3) caused by devices running MAC OS X / 10.10. A number of them (between 10 and 15) are occasionally sending many thousands of these posts:

POST /autodiscover/autodiscover.xml

The device-info shown in the IIS-logs is: Mac+OS+X/10.10+(14A389);+ExchangeWebServices/5.0+(213);+Mail/8.0+(1990.1)

We're talking about up to 300.000 posts per device in an hour or two; this causes a tremendous growth of our logfiles and is causing performance-issues on our client-access-servers. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, what is the cause and what would be a good resolution?
Post #: 1
RE: MAC OS X/10.10 - DoS - 5.Nov.2014 10:49:15 AM   
Admin

It seems something with auto discovery does not work properly on your clients.
How is communication between MacOS and exchange occuring?
Have you tried switching to IMAP?

(in reply to jpjms)
Post #: 2
RE: MAC OS X/10.10 - DoS - 6.Nov.2014 7:59:42 AM   
jpjms

Switching to IMAP is a solution, although the configuration of IMAP in a client is not as userfriendly as the configuration of activesync. Not all mac-os devices have this issue. The similarity however between all devices that cause these problems is that they are running Mac OS X/10.10. I haven't seen any other devices that cause these problems (I work at a large educational institution with (15.000 + students and 4000+ employees) with a bring-your-own-device policy, so you can imagine you see all sorts of devices connecting to our exchange-environment.

(in reply to Admin)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> MAC OS X/10.10 - DoS Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter