• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

MS Mobile 5 device Login Failure for ActiveSync after 3rd Party SSL Cert installed

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> MS Mobile 5 device Login Failure for ActiveSync after 3rd Party SSL Cert installed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MS Mobile 5 device Login Failure for ActiveSync after 3... - 27.Jun.2007 11:39:43 PM   
jeffkee@verizon.net

I am new to this board and hope to be a productive member, I am open to advice to be such a member!! ;-)

Where shall I begin?  Let's try here...

Hey Gang,
I am trying to get this MS Exchange 07 install finished and all my toys working.  Cert provider tells me that the cert they provided to me is MS Mobile 5.0-6.0 compatable.  Microsoft tells me that it is missing the field SubjectAlternitiveName that contains not only the INET FQDN; but also the real server name, netBIOS, and so on... 
I install the cert that does not contain this field add it to my sites and services, all is cool, right?  I can use my OWA site and other browser based tools, life is good.  When we try to allow
activesync to update content on the mobile devices, we are blessed with a login cred failure. (YEAH!!)   
I make sure my password is correct and activesync hates me due to credentials, yet I am logged in with OWA client with the same credentials.

This did work, before I applied the SSL cert. 
Microsoft says, "It could be the cert request file, lacking all of the data needed for the login that resides in the field SubjectAlternativeName."
PLEASE HELP IF ANYONE HAS SOME ADVICE!!!
The Dude that signs the checks loves his mobile mail...
Thanks All,
Need That Mobile Mail Blues
Post #: 1
RE: MS Mobile 5 device Login Failure for ActiveSync aft... - 28.Jun.2007 1:45:46 AM   
Henrik Walther

From what certificate authority did you get the cert issued?

A subject alternative names (SAN) certificate is not a requirement in order to get your WM 6 devices to sync via Exchange ActiveSync. As long as you're using the FQDN specified in the common name field of the certificate, when setting up EAS the profile on the device it should work.

Could you post the exact error message and support code you receive when synching the device?

HTH
Henrik Walther
Lead Moderator/author
MSExchange.org

Follow me on Twitter!

(in reply to jeffkee@verizon.net)
Post #: 2
RE: MS Mobile 5 device Login Failure for ActiveSync aft... - 28.Jun.2007 2:30:18 AM   
jeffkee@verizon.net

The vendor is Comodo.
The cert is issued for the FQDN of the hosting server.

On the mobile device:  I configure it for the FQDN of the server running activesync
USER: domain\username
PW:saved

Result:
When attempting to sync I am being prompted for the pasword over and over.

When I was attempting earlier I did receive an error code.  (having difficulty recreating that error message with code)

I remember it said my creditials failed.
I also had a time out for providing the password.

here we go
Support Code:0x8500200C
The device timed out
and
0x80070102
The server could not be reached.  This can be due to network...     %&^*%# it just started to auto sync and cleared message.

< Message edited by jeffkee@verizon.net -- 28.Jun.2007 2:43:16 AM >

(in reply to Henrik Walther)
Post #: 3
RE: MS Mobile 5 device Login Failure for ActiveSync aft... - 28.Jun.2007 3:06:08 AM   
Henrik Walther

Are you using an ISA server to publish Exchange services?

Have you checked to see whether the device actually reaches the Exchange server? You can check this by looking in the IIS log files under C:\Windows\System 32\Log Files\W3SVC

HTH
Henrik Walther
Lead Moderator/author
MSExchange.org

Follow me on Twitter!

Post #: 4
RE: MS Mobile 5 device Login Failure for ActiveSync aft... - 28.Jun.2007 3:09:16 AM   
jeffkee@verizon.net

Thank you for your reply.  I must say it was great to have a response from someone that is on my book shelf.  I will have to add the Ex07.

I went in to the server and added the cert to the CTL.
Is that standard config procedure that I missed?  Seems obvious as it is working now.

< Message edited by jeffkee@verizon.net -- 28.Jun.2007 4:47:30 AM >

Post #: 5
RE: MS Mobile 5 device Login Failure for ActiveSync aft... - 28.Jun.2007 3:17:02 AM   
jeffkee@verizon.net

They do not have an ISA server yet.  I have specified it for the network.  They want to do the mail migration first.  Which I will be posting next for the cross forest mailbox move cmdlet (I don't even rate weak at the power shell, it will just take time and I will love it)

(in reply to Henrik Walther)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> MS Mobile 5 device Login Failure for ActiveSync after 3rd Party SSL Cert installed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter