• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

MX Logic Setup/ Establish a relay or Smarthost

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> MX Logic Setup/ Establish a relay or Smarthost Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MX Logic Setup/ Establish a relay or Smarthost - 15.Feb.2006 10:38:28 PM   
dpiccus

I am trying to setup MX Logic Antispam/virus service.  They are telling me to do the following, but I'm not 100% sure if what I plan to do is correct.

These are the instructions:
Establish a relay or Smarthost sending outbound traffic to
                       mydomain.com .outbound15.mxlogic.net

The help desk told me to go to the "Virtual SMTP Connectors", but I don't see exactly that in my Console (I do see SMTP for mymaillserver, and I can go to the properties of that, but then there are 8 different tabs).

Where exactly do I go in Exchange 2003 to set this up and exactly what would I enter? 

Screen prints or equivalents would really be helpful for me and I'm sure there are other clueless Admins out there who would benefit from this info.

Post #: 1
RE: MX Logic Setup/ Establish a relay or Smarthost - 22.Mar.2006 10:03:24 PM   
jkdavis@foleyeq.com

I have MXLogic outbound up and working on my Exchange 2003 email domain.  Take a look at KB265293 on microsoft.com for the instruction.  If you follow them and add one step it should work.  On the advanced tab of the SMTP connector that you create, select "Send HELO instead of EHLO"

Jeff Davis

(in reply to dpiccus)
Post #: 2
RE: MX Logic Setup/ Establish a relay or Smarthost - 22.Mar.2006 10:16:21 PM   
dpiccus

I got it working.  There are 2 things I did to get it to work:

From the Exchange Manager:
PROTOCOL
  • Console root > servername > Administrative Groups > domain > Servers > mailservername > Protocols > SMTP
  • Right-click: Default SMTP > Properties
  • Delivery tab > Advanced > Smart hosts = what MX Logic gives you (webserver.com.outbound15.mxlogic.net) 

SMTP CONNECTOR
  • Console root > servername > Administrative Groups > Connectors
  • Right-click: SMTP for server > Properties
  • General tab: Forward all mail through this connector to the following smart hosts: the line that MX Logic gives you (webserver.com.outbound15.mxlogic.net) - it took several tries to get this because there was a typo in my Welcome letter

Once I did these 2 things, it began to work.

Users love it.

(in reply to jkdavis@foleyeq.com)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> MX Logic Setup/ Establish a relay or Smarthost Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter