• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Mailbox permission issues migrating from Ex5.5 to Ex2000

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Mailbox permission issues migrating from Ex5.5 to Ex2000 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mailbox permission issues migrating from Ex5.5 to Ex2000 - 21.Mar.2002 6:44:00 AM   
Steveinnorcal

Ok, heres what Ive done

We have a NT4 single domain with Ex5.5 and I created a new W2K DC, configured trusts to the NT4 domain, and installed an Exchange 2K member server that joined the 5.5 organization. I installed the ADC, created the connection agreements, and the Ex5.5 users populated my AD as disabled accounts. I then ran the ADMT to move the NT accounts to AD. I used the move mailbox utility to move the mailboxes from 5.5 to 2K. Then I had a user log in to the new Win2K domain, changed the profile from the 5.5 server to the 2K server, but the user cannot access the mailbox. I looked at the mailbox rights on the 2K user account and it didnt have the 2K permissions on it. I added the win2k account to the mailbox rights and it seems to work ok. Do I have to do this to each user I migrate or am I missing something? I would think that the process would add the account rights automatically. Thanks for any help.

-Steve
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Mailbox permission issues migrating from Ex5.5 to Ex2000 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter