• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Mailboxes appearing in Outlook - unable to remove

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Management >> Mailboxes appearing in Outlook - unable to remove Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mailboxes appearing in Outlook - unable to remove - 7.Apr.2014 1:59:24 PM   
james175

Hello
I'm the system admin for our company and I've made a really big headache inducing error and I'd appreciate some assistance. Our Exchange server is Exchange 2010 and I'm using Outlook 2013 client.

A while back I accidentally added my username to the full access rights to everyone's mailbox. When I found this mistake I then had my username removed from all the other user's mailboxes.
Now, however, in my copy of Outlook 2013 I have just about everyone's mailbox listed on the left hand window pane. Those were not there before. I can not see any of their content (as I shouldn't) but now Outlook also takes a really long time to load.

What Powershell command(s) could I use to get all these mailboxes removed from my Outlook. I'm assuming that's the only way to remove all of this since these user entries are not present anywhere in the configuration of Outlook itself.

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Mailboxes appearing in Outlook - unable to remove - 14.Sep.2014 5:28:32 PM   
sebmolendijk

Hi,

This behavior is normal since Exchange 2010.

To avoid having the mailboxes on which you have permissions to mount in Outlook, use the following command in EMS:

Add-MailboxPermission -Identity mailbox_to_access -AccessRights fullaccess -AutoMapping $false -User xxx$false

(in reply to james175)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Management >> Mailboxes appearing in Outlook - unable to remove Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter