• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Message: Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: No RDNS entry for 65.55.150.158

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Message: Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: No RDNS entry for 65.55.150.158 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Message: Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: ... - 5.Sep.2012 1:25:15 AM   
jheycie

Hi All,

Having issues sending email to a particular domain, when we did an exchange remote analyzer this is the error message we received:

Message: Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: No RDNS entry for 65.55.150.158

The user confirmed that the recipient's email address does exist as he was able to receive an email from him just yesterday but when he tries to respond, he gets the error message below:

"An error occurred while trying to deliver this message to the recipient's e-mail address. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please try resending this message, or provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.
The following organization rejected your message"

The weird thing is this IP address is not from our end or from the client's end as when we did the traceroute, this IP does not show (65.55.150.158).

The IP address for sender's mailserver is resolving to its dns ; same as with the recipient(when we used network tools) so cant really figure out where to check.

Here is the log:

Testing inbound SMTP mail flow for domain firstn.lastn@domain.com.
ExRCA failed to test inbound SMTP mail flow.

Test Steps

Attempting to retrieve DNS MX records for domain domainame.com.
One or more MX records were successfully retrieved from DNS.

Additional Details
MX Records Host srv3.domain.com, Preference 20
, Host mx1.domain.com, Preference 10
Testing Mail Exchanger mx1.domain.com.
One or more SMTP tests failed for this Mail Exchanger.

Test Steps

Attempting to resolve the host name mx1.domain.com in DNS.
The host name resolved successfully.

Additional Details
Testing TCP port 25 on host mx1.domain.com to ensure it's listening and open.
The port was opened successfully.

Additional Details
Attempting to send a test e-mail message to firstn.lastn@domain.com using MX mx1.domain.com.
Delivery of the test message failed.

Additional Details
The server returned status code 550 - Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: No RDNS entry for 65.55.150.160
Exception details:
Message: Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: No RDNS entry for 65.55.150.160
Type: System.Net.Mail.SmtpFailedRecipientException
Stack trace:
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender, MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify, Boolean allowUnicode, SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception)
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)
at Microsoft.Exchange.Tools.ExRca.Tests.SmtpMessageTest.PerformTestReally()

Thank you in advance.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Message: Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: No RDNS entry for 65.55.150.158 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter