• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Message Tracking Tools

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Message Routing >> Message Tracking Tools Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Message Tracking Tools - 4.Apr.2013 8:52:02 AM   
dreaser

Either I'm missing a big piece of the tools options or something is hiding.

I have 1 user that constantly complains they aren't receiving emails from certain users. They have the user(outside our environment) resend and no bounce back is provided and email is not received.

The only tool I can find is the message tracking tool but this is simply searching the users mailbox. Well if I know the email isn't there how does this tool help me?

Is there a way to see what, if any, emails Exchange 2010 is blocking and maybe there is no NDR enabled for some reason.
Post #: 1
RE: Message Tracking Tools - 6.May2013 4:55:05 PM   
ijaved

I have the same problem use Tracking log explorer from Toolbox.

You will have to provide.
a) Sender
b) start & end dates. (timeframe the email was sent to user.)

What I have done so far and suggest you try the same are:-

1- Check rules on the user side if its being filtered/moved to a folder inside inbox. (Mine doesn't)

2- Check junk options. Right click email on user mailbox and go into Junk Options and check blocked senders. (Mine doesn't have the user sending email in that either)

3- Ask the person who is sending email to CC you on it so you can check the msg header. In my the header shows the user who is not getting the email. But message tracker log doesn't even have the person in the receiving field.

Anyways good luck hunting.

(in reply to dreaser)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Message Routing >> Message Tracking Tools Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter