• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Messages not being delivered to users, but show queued for local delivery.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Message Routing >> Messages not being delivered to users, but show queued for local delivery. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Messages not being delivered to users, but show queued ... - 8.Apr.2010 5:32:55 AM   
acelmanaged

Morning All,

I have a slight problem which I cant seem to find any information about on the web.

Whats happening:
Email is being sent, via a SmartHost to my exchange server but the user is not recieving it.

Message Tracking on the email shows the correct route up to the SMTP: Message Queued for Local Delivery, after that there is nothing else. Logic dictates that the message should be in the Local Delivery Queue, alas, there is nothing in that queue or any queue for that matter.

We seem to be losing emails intermittently, the domain will work one time but not other times.

Any guidance would be most appreciative.
Post #: 1
RE: Messages not being delivered to users, but show que... - 8.Apr.2010 4:07:04 PM   
boneyfrancis

Does this happen only from mails from the internet?
What happens to an internal mail?

Either case, if the mail gets queued for local delivery, but not delivered to the mailbox store, I'd suspect an AV quarantining the mails.

In the registry, disabling VirusScan key would be one step. Else try stopping/disabling the AV services from Services console.

-b1y
MCSE, MCTS:E12

(in reply to acelmanaged)
Post #: 2
RE: Messages not being delivered to users, but show que... - 9.Apr.2010 5:38:17 AM   
acelmanaged

Yes only from the internet mails, internal are all fine.

I have checked my F-Secure product and disabled the "drop" and "block" actions, but I couldn't find a quarantine, I'll have another dig around and monitor the situation.

VirusScan key in Exchange or on the AV? Where would this key be?

Post #: 3
RE: Messages not being delivered to users, but show que... - 17.Jun.2010 2:26:57 PM   
RobertJarvis

I had this exact same issue after installing McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i (patch 3) on my Exchange 2010 Enterprise servers. I contacted Microsoft and discovered that McAfee, by default, blocks port 25 to prevent Mass mailing woms from sending mail.

To turn this block off launch the VirusScan Console, go into properties for Access Protection, and remove the checkmarks under Block and Report for Prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail. Save your settings, exit, and close the VirusScan Console.

Next you need to stop and restart the Microsoft Exchange Transport service (services.msc).

I hope you resolved your issue back in April. But, I thought I'd go ahead and post what I learned today for the benefit of future administrators so they could learn from my experiences

Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Message Routing >> Messages not being delivered to users, but show queued for local delivery. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter