• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Microsoft Exchange 2003 Event 9157

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Microsoft Exchange 2003 Event 9157 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Microsoft Exchange 2003 Event 9157 - 1.Feb.2009 4:11:40 AM   
abid.mohammed

Good Day

I am facing problem while installing second exchange in our existing exchange 2003 organization which is installed on windows2003 server and is a DC.

I would like to move my exchange server to another server and once all the mail boxes are moved and everything seems to be ok i will uninstall the old exchange from the DC.

all installation goes well untill when it comes to start Microsoft Exchange System Attendant, it keeps on dislplaying starting the service and the serviced doesnt start.

the new server is the member of the domain server, the installation was done with the domain server account on the member server, the new exchange is already a member of the Exchange Doamin Servers and Exchange Services Group, i have already uninstalled and did clean installation of windows and exchange several times but still the same problem.

Really i am trying this since last one month but until now no success. i did this on the test environment where i created a new domain and installed exchange on it and then later i installed new exchange on a new hardware and moved the users from onle exchange to new. All the things went fine in test environment without any problem or additional troubleshooting.

after the success in test environment when i moved to implement it in prodution i m facing this problem

kindly suggest some solution

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Microsoft Exchange 2003 Event 9157 - 1.Feb.2009 4:32:59 PM   
jveldh

Hi,

Have you changed other things such as moving groups to other OU's ?If you move the Exchange groups to another folder then the Users OU move them back and try again.

Best regards,

Johan Veldhuis

Visit my Exchange blog

(in reply to abid.mohammed)
Post #: 2
RE: Microsoft Exchange 2003 Event 9157 - 1.Feb.2009 6:32:22 PM   
hareekrish@gmailcom

Hi,

1. Please make sure you ran domainprep form the new exchange server.

if you have more that one DC on the network replicate the DCs from dssite.msc
then try to start SA.

2. remove the server account from exchange domain servers (EDS) apply and OK.

add it manually again , then try.

please copy and paste the Event in the post will try further/

Regards,
Hari

Post #: 3
RE: Microsoft Exchange 2003 Event 9157 - 1.Feb.2009 8:01:11 PM   
NileshS

Does the service time out eventually? What errors do you see in the App logs? Additonally check what is different in your production environment and test environment; maybe that can point you towards the root cause of the problem.

Check the Exchange server setup progress logs for any errors.

Post #: 4
RE: Microsoft Exchange 2003 Event 9157 - 2.Feb.2009 1:44:03 AM   
abid.mohammed

thanks to all,

a. None of the group is in other OU, all of them in the default
USERS OU
b. we have only one Domain Controller.
c. i did remove the server account from the Exchange Domain Servers
(EDS) and added it manually, but still the same.
Below is the copy and paste of the event
Microsoft Exchange System Attendant does not have sufficient rights to read Exchange configuration objects in Active Directory. Wait for replication to complete and then check to make sure the computer account is a member of the "Exchange Domain Servers" security group.

d. we dont get any eror while exchange server setup progress

Againt thanks for the efforts and i will appreciate more recomendations, but i really need to resolve this issue

Thanks

(in reply to NileshS)
Post #: 5
RE: Microsoft Exchange 2003 Event 9157 - 2.Feb.2009 4:08:37 PM   
NileshS

You said that there is only one DC; please verify that its a GC too. If possible, uncheck the GC check-box and then reboot the DC and then re-enable the same and reboot once again.

Further run the Domainprep for Exchange on the GC and then proceed to verify that the "Manage auditing and security logs" rights are in place.

Go ahead and reboot the Exchange server and see if the SA comes up.

Post #: 6
RE: Microsoft Exchange 2003 Event 9157 - 2.Feb.2009 4:09:38 PM   
NileshS

Another thing you can do is run ExBPA tool and check for any permission or network related issues.

Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Microsoft Exchange 2003 Event 9157 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter