• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Migrated Exch Server to private IP Now new users get no mailbox

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Migrated Exch Server to private IP Now new users get no mailbox Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Migrated Exch Server to private IP Now new users get no... - 4.Oct.2005 11:23:22 AM   
adallas

Hi All.

We migrated from static to NAT private IP addresses. The migration went fairly smoothly overall but we ran into an oddball problem (or two).

When we create a new user in ActiveDirectory, we choose to allow it to create an exchange account. After the user has been successfully created, there is no Exchange informaiton in the user's properties in Active Directory and the user's email bounces when we try to send to it. Seems like the Exchange server is a bit confused now that it's IP address changed. Any recommendaitons on how to resolve this?
Post #: 1
RE: Migrated Exch Server to private IP Now new users ge... - 4.Oct.2005 12:51:30 PM   
adallas

Nothing like healing yourself...

Turns out a new connector was made. We ended up with two connectors with only one exchange server. Email sent was being returned with the following error:
"A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients."

The two connectors resolving to the same address also seems to cause an internal problem when creating the user account in Active Directory. Although no error was reported, AD failed to create the MS Exchange account.

I hope this helps someone else.

(in reply to adallas)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Migrated Exch Server to private IP Now new users get no mailbox Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter