• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Mobile Messaging Exchange 2003 FE & BE setup

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Mobile Messaging Exchange 2003 FE & BE setup Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mobile Messaging Exchange 2003 FE & BE setup - 4.Jun.2007 5:02:42 PM   
aguirrsi

 

Posts: 2
Joined: 4.Jun.2007
Status: offline
I am trying to deploy windows mobile messaging.  Currently I have a front end back end setup with Exchange 2003 R2 SP2 on each box.  I've got OWA working with SSL, however, everytime I try and do an OTA sync for a handheld running WM5.0 with the security update I get an error on the device "Support Code:0x85010004"  I can't seem to find anything that will fix the issue.  I found a lot of post for MSKB 817379, however that article say to use a front end server which I am already using?  I have one other piece of info that I'm not sure is relevent or not.  My exchange servers are part of an exchange forrest.  The root of the forrest is still running Exchange 2000.  Is that going to cause a problem?

Thanks for any help or suggestions,

Sim
Post #: 1
RE: Mobile Messaging Exchange 2003 FE & BE setup - 7.Jun.2007 2:32:44 PM   
ismail.mohammed

 

Posts: 3018
Joined: 9.May2007
From: India
Status: offline
Hi,

My first basic step would be running expba tool www.exbpa.com on both the servers.
you can try the below step if you are not able to resolve by expba tool
Change the setting to Basic + Integrated on exchange Virtual directory in IIS
Unchecked Anonymous authentication on the back-end server and tested ActiveSync.

(in reply to aguirrsi)
Post #: 2
RE: Mobile Messaging Exchange 2003 FE & BE setup - 7.Jun.2007 3:32:56 PM   
aguirrsi

 

Posts: 2
Joined: 4.Jun.2007
Status: offline
Thanks for the reply.  I ended up call Microsoft and they found my problem rather quickly.  It turns out I had my security setup incorrectly on the backend server.  While doing my digging and trouble shooting I focused on the front end and didn't even think it could have been the back end causing the problem.  Again thanks.

(in reply to ismail.mohammed)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Mobile Messaging Exchange 2003 FE & BE setup Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts


Follow TechGenix on Twitter