• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Move Mailbox Rights

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Server Security >> Move Mailbox Rights Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Move Mailbox Rights - 6.Jul.2010 7:38:15 PM   
ZOBO

Does anyone have specific information or know of a resource that can accurately define the absolute minimum Exchange delagated rights required to move a mailbox between servers. I am trying to keep my security model intact and only give what accesses are absolutely necessary to perform certain functions at specific areas of Active Directory and associated resources. I do not want to give an account manager the Exchange Administrator role if I can avoid it.
Post #: 1
RE: Move Mailbox Rights - 17.Oct.2010 12:23:20 PM   
uemurad

I know this is an old post, but I see that no one responded.  You didn't mention whether the two servers are in the same Exchange Administrative Group (AG) or even in the same Exchange Organization.  Not knowing anything about the size or structure of your corporate environment (also not mentioned in your post), I'd suggest you may want to rethink your strategy regarding Exchange administration.  It is typically not a good idea to get granular with permissions, because in a little while you won't remember who has rights to do what.  Stick to things easily configured.  Delegated Exchange permissions at the AG or Organization level are easy to find and edit.

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to ZOBO)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Server Security >> Move Mailbox Rights Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter