• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Move Mailbox failed..cannot delete duplicate mailbox

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Move Mailbox failed..cannot delete duplicate mailbox Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Move Mailbox failed..cannot delete duplicate mailbox - 21.Jan.2005 8:02:00 PM   
wmichel

I ran into an issue moving a couple of mailboxes from an Exchange 2000 server to a 2003 Server (using the move mailbox function in 2003)and for som reason the move failed but now i have a duplicate mailbox on the 2003 server. It shows up with a red X on it because it isnt the mailbox that the user is mapped to. When i try to purge it, i get an error: "The operation cannot be performed because this mailbox was already reconnected to an existing user." ID no. c1034ad6. Any ideas how i can delete these tombstoned mailboxes? If i try to move the same mailbox again i get an error that the duplicate mailbox exists on the destination server (2003)....HELP.
Post #: 1
RE: Move Mailbox failed..cannot delete duplicate mailbox - 23.Jan.2005 9:30:00 AM   
Hi there,

You can reslove the problem removing the Exchange attributes for the user to which this mailbox belongs (do this in AD Users & Computers by selecting Exchange tasks).

When done, you can reconnect the mailbox to the user again.

This has happened to me a few times too, but I have no idea why.

Thanks,
S°ren

(in reply to wmichel)
  Post #: 2
RE: Move Mailbox failed..cannot delete duplicate mailbox - 25.Jan.2005 11:03:00 PM   
wmichel

Thanks!

(in reply to wmichel)
Post #: 3
RE: Move Mailbox failed..cannot delete duplicate mailbox - 7.Feb.2005 9:27:00 PM   
waterskier

Thanks! I just inadvertently orphaned a mailbox and created a new one for the same user, which caused some pretty bizzare behaviour.

Anyway all is well now

(in reply to wmichel)
Post #: 4
RE: Move Mailbox failed..cannot delete duplicate mailbox - 16.Feb.2005 10:23:00 PM   
I followed the instructions on this post because i have the same issue, but now there is no option for me to mve the mailbox to the new server. also, how do i go about reconnection this mailbox to the user?

Thanks,

Jake

(in reply to wmichel)
  Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Move Mailbox failed..cannot delete duplicate mailbox Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter