• Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Moving mailboxes

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Moving mailboxes Page: [1]
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Moving mailboxes - 2.May2012 10:48:08 AM   

Hello. My company is having an extremely hard time trying to move mailboxes from one exchange server to another. We have been searching and trying different methods for the last couple of months. Our ultimate goal is to end up using SBS 2011.

We started 6 months ago. We were on Exchange 5.5. Setup a new machine using Server 2003 with Exchange 2000. We were able to move the mailboxes with no problem. We learned that we could not install Exchange 2010 on the SBS server unless we were up to Exchange 2003. Setup a another computer with Server 2003 and Exchange 2003. We tried to move the mailboxes to the new server, but we were getting MAPI errors. Come to find out, we do not have a system attendant mailbox on the exchange 2000 box. Due to size issues, we had to do an in place upgrade to exchange 2003 on our 2000 box. We are still trying to move mailboxes from the first server to the second server. We have tried using exmerge but cannot import the mailboxes into the second server because for some reason, the second exchange server does not see the users in active directory.

We need to get these mailboxes moved somehow so that we can move forward. We have been trying to do this now for six months.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Moving mailboxes - 8.Dec.2016 3:33:27 AM   

I understand what you bring it very meaningful and useful, thanks.

geometry dash | subway surfers |

(in reply to cpoulson)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Moving mailboxes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter