• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Moving message between public folders

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Moving message between public folders Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Moving message between public folders - 5.Dec.2006 5:42:39 PM   
sstinemetz

If this has been asked before, please point me to that post.  I did a search and could not find an answer to this question.

Is it possible to have a rule that would move, not forward but move, messages between public folders?  All of the faxes currently come into one public folder and then are manually moved to other public folders. 

I have setup a rule and it appears to be a server based rule, but it does not move the messages based upon the information in the subject line automatically.  The rule is as follows:

Apply this rule after the message arrives
with XXX XXX XXXX in the subject line (this is how the subject line reads when the fax is received)
move it to the ABC SALES folder

This rule performs as desired if I select run rules now on the public folder "faxes".  Any help in resolving this problem would be appreciated.

Thanks

< Message edited by sstinemetz -- 5.Dec.2006 5:48:55 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Moving message between public folders - 14.Feb.2007 3:59:11 PM   
Maltyx

I am just wondering how to forward messages between two public folders .. 'cause I have not succeed to make this. Messages forward from a PF to a mailbox but not to another PF - what I am doing wrong?! Please advise.

(in reply to sstinemetz)
Post #: 2
RE: Moving message between public folders - 16.Feb.2007 3:32:17 PM   
poddster

I'm looking for the same information - I just want to create a few rules to automatically move emails with certain criteria (e.g. XXX in the subject line) that come into our PF to subfolders. Easy to do for your own emails in Outlook, but the PF Folder Assistant for some reason doesn't seem to support this basic type of rule! Is there a server-side rule wizard of some type that I can investigate?

(in reply to sstinemetz)
Post #: 3
RE: Moving message between public folders - 28.Feb.2008 11:47:33 AM   
RedGuru

I created the following solution to fix the problem:
I first created a mailbox with the emailaddress of the public folder.
Then I launched Outlook for this Mailbox on a server and created the rules to sort the Emails into public folders by several criterias.
The effect is that 1) SPAM is filtered on the mailbox and 2)all mails are sorted into different public folders.
Problem: I always have to run one Outlook for this user. If anybody has a better solution, e.g. with scripting the rules I would be glad to be informed.
Thanks.

(in reply to poddster)
Post #: 4
RE: Moving message between public folders - 26.Nov.2009 7:12:11 AM   
Victor Ivanidze

Another possible option is using this third-party application:
http://www.ivasoft.biz/spammoverPF.shtml

Regards,
Victor

(in reply to RedGuru)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Moving message between public folders Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter