• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

NBR 4,4,7 - unable to send to some domains

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> NBR 4,4,7 - unable to send to some domains Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
NBR 4,4,7 - unable to send to some domains - 12.Jul.2010 11:37:21 AM   
xsoft

Hello...

Hello guys,

Need some advice:

Have been receving a lot of NDR 4.4.7 messages, and was looking into queues on the Exchange Server and many emails kept retrying until time expired (2 days default).

Discovered only having problems with sending email to some external domains, but of course the list builds up as users are sending emails to different companies every day - some can send out, some got NDR.

This problem happened after our Internet address has been blacklisted (RBL) a few times which later found out that one of the PCs in the LAN got malware. Later, denied SMTP port on all IP address except Exchange server IP, to prevent any infected PCs to send spams out. Ok, the blacklisting no longer happened, but this 4.4.7 NDR happened shortly. I kind of suspect the cause is that some companies email server has somehow internally blacklisted us - is this the cause?

Also, to solve the NDR, have setup the SMTP connector to send emails via the ISP SMTP server.

I would like to check, if this "bad reputation of our public address" if it is the cause, a temporary one, in which after a given period of time, these external domain swill automatically remove us from their list and so we can send email via our exchange server smtp directly again to them?

Thank you.

Daryl
Post #: 1
RE: NBR 4,4,7 - unable to send to some domains - 13.Jul.2010 11:32:19 AM   
Exchange_Geek

Does your exchange domain have a PTR registered online ?

Regards,
Exchange_Geek

(in reply to xsoft)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> NBR 4,4,7 - unable to send to some domains Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter