• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Need to patch 2 CAS Servers not HLB

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability >> Need to patch 2 CAS Servers not HLB Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Need to patch 2 CAS Servers not HLB - 18.Oct.2012 11:12:43 AM   
Spaced

I had a question about running some updates on one of our 2 CAS servers, none of which are in a cluster. I recently added this new CAS to our environment (installed SAN cert, added services, verified that OWA works) and am wanting to update the older one, but I want to make sure my clients fail over to the new server. What can I do to make sure they fail over to the new server. WE are in the planning stages of getting our F5 HLB up and running, but in the meantime I would like to take one of the CAS offline and patch it.

Since they’re not LB/HLB I figure there was a RPC setting or something to point users to that new server.

Any help is appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Need to patch 2 CAS Servers not HLB - 26.Oct.2012 5:15:13 AM   
pjhutch

If they were on a NLD or HLB they you would stop the services on them, but in your case, the only thing you can do is to stop the exchange services in Services.msc to prevent client connections.

See these articles:
http://forums.kemptechnologies.com/index.php?p=/discussion/19376/exchange-2010-cas-array-server-maintenance/p1

http://exchangeserverpro.com/how-to-install-updates-on-exchange-server-2010-cas-arrays

Peter Hutchison MCP
Exchange Administrator
University of Huddersfield

(in reply to Spaced)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability >> Need to patch 2 CAS Servers not HLB Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter