• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Need to restore a backup store

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> Need to restore a backup store Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Need to restore a backup store - 31.Jan.2007 12:14:10 PM   
xpac

I did a quick backup of an information store (only had one mailbox in it) using ntbackup, and now I would like to restore it.  Because this was a temporary/secondary info store, the store was deleted after the backup was done.  I need to restore this info store temporarily to retrieve some info from the mailbox that it contains.  However, there is a primary info store on this exchange server which contains everybody's mailboxes, and to prevent confusion  I created another secondary/temp info store specifically to just do this restore, get the info, and then delete.  For some reason I can't seem to get ntbackup to restore to this new temp info store, it keeps trying to restore to the "primary" info store.  Do I need to restore this to a different server altogether, or is there something I can do to tell ntbackup the exact information store I would like this to be restored to?
Post #: 1
RE: Need to restore a backup store - 11.Feb.2007 10:22:21 AM   
farisnt

Did you check the option called as
This database can be overwritten by a restore
?????????????????????????????????

(in reply to xpac)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> Need to restore a backup store Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter