• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

New Client Access Server Question

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Mobility >> New Client Access Server Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Client Access Server Question - 12.Dec.2013 2:24:30 PM   
cricebrite

We are in the process of rebuilding our Exchange 2010 environment and I'm at the point where I'd like to put the new client access server in place. My plan is to import the web certificate from the current CAS, change all the External and Internal URLS to match current setup, DNS changes, and change all the firewall NAT policies to point to this new server. Should I be worried about users that use Exchange ActiveSync? Would these user's phones need to be reconfigured once the new server is put in place or should it be unoticable to the user? Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: New Client Access Server Question - 16.Dec.2013 10:25:17 AM   
thehutch

If you intend to use the same external namespace for Activesync then you may be able to get away from touching any mobile devices but this will not be a seamless change to the user as they may receive a security prompt that requires interaction (Accept/Decline)

(in reply to cricebrite)
Post #: 2
RE: New Client Access Server Question - 16.Dec.2013 10:25:25 AM   
pjhutch

It depends on the name on the web certificate as ActiveSync will use the name on that for the 'Exchange server' name. If the name is something like webmail.mycompany.com and not servername.mycompany.com then you should be ok.

Peter Hutchison MCP
Exchange Administrator
University of Huddersfield

(in reply to cricebrite)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Mobility >> New Client Access Server Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter