• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

New Exchange 2010, can't get autodiscover working?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Mobility >> New Exchange 2010, can't get autodiscover working? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Exchange 2010, can't get autodiscover working? - 17.May2013 3:24:55 AM   
Jay Cartay

This is a bit of a nightmare and I have done a few searches but haven't managed to find a solution.

I've started a limited company to work via as an IT contractor and I decided to get an Exchange server up and running so that I could use my own company domain for my email etc. and also because I'd like to get into Exchange contracting in the long run, so it's a good learning opportunity.

Well here I am with my first real issue! I've got mail flowing fine, it works. I use a smart host for my outbound SMTP so that I don't get my emails rejected by the various recipients. I do this because my ISP doesn't allow a static IP address. Hence I am using dynamic dns.

Now here's where the confusion starts: Autodiscover! I don't know if I need to be using a CNAME to point the alias autodiscover at my domain or if I should be using an SRV record instead. And if I do need to use an SRV record, I don't know if the name should be autodiscover and target mydomain.com or if the target should be the dynamicdns.com.

I have gone into PS and I have tried having the Autodiscover InternalUri setting set to both https://mydomain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml and https://mail.mydomain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml and that's made no difference.

The main issue I have is that I am changing multiple settings at the same time as I'm unsure what they should be set to and it's just going to keep me going round in circles. I am unsure what my web domain's DNS record should be set as, and I am unsure what my Autodiscover InternalUri setting should be set as.

If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it. The correct ports are open and the ExRCA confirms this. I don't have an SSL cert yet as this is also something I'm not entirely sure how to go about setting up at this point. I'm the only user, so a self signed cert should be fine. I have the default self signed cert installed that is created when your first install Exchange. How do I create my own self signed SSL cert for the web services?

OWA works fine.
Post #: 1
RE: New Exchange 2010, can't get autodiscover working? - 17.May2013 3:55:50 AM   
Jay Cartay

Now tried setting autodiscover InternalUri to https://autodiscover.mydomain.co.uk/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml to get it working, but still not right.

ExRCA says:

Attempting to test potential Autodiscover URL https://autodiscover.mydomain.co.uk/AutoDiscover/AutoDiscover.xml

Testing of this potential Autodiscover URL failed.

Test Steps

Attempting to resolve the host name autodiscover.mydomain.co.uk in DNS.

The host name resolved successfully.

Additional Details

IP addresses returned: XX.XXX.XXX.XXX

Testing TCP port 443 on host autodiscover.mydomain.co.uk to ensure it's listening and open.

The port was opened successfully.

Testing the SSL certificate to make sure it's valid.

The SSL certificate failed one or more certificate validation checks.

Test Steps

ExRCA is attempting to obtain the SSL certificate from remote server autodiscover.mydomain.co.uk on port 443.

ExRCA successfully obtained the remote SSL certificate.

Additional Details

Remote Certificate Subject: CN=SRV-EXCH01, Issuer: CN=SRV-EXCH01.

Validating the certificate name.

Certificate name validation failed.

Tell me more about this issue and how to resolve it

Additional Details

Host name autodiscover.mydomain.co.uk doesn't match any name found on the server certificate CN=SRV-EXCH01.

(in reply to Jay Cartay)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Mobility >> New Exchange 2010, can't get autodiscover working? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter