• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

New tool to test your Exchange server's security

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> Tips & Tricks >> New tool to test your Exchange server's security Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New tool to test your Exchange server's security - 4.Nov.2010 3:40:38 PM   
damienrvircom

A new tool for testing the security of your mail infrastructure and Exchange server is available. www.EmailSecurityGrader.com – it has an extensive Open Relay test (including % hacks) and also includes several other email security tests (SPF, DNSBL/Spam Blacklist) which noawadays are all pretty important to avoid spam, spoofing, relaying, blacklisting.

Complete description of the tool here:
http://www.emailsecuritymatters.com/site/blog/email-security/mail-server-test-blacklist-open-relay-smtp-dns/

Vircom : Corporate Email Security Gateway Software for Microsoft Exchange
http://www.vircom.com

Email Security Matters blog
http://www.emailsecuritymatters.com
Post #: 1
RE: New tool to test your Exchange server's security - 29.Mar.2012 8:49:04 AM   
aliramenon

Might you be right, Let me check this after I can come to point and come here again to thank you.

(in reply to damienrvircom)
Post #: 2
RE: New tool to test your Exchange server's security - 6.Mar.2014 3:24:53 PM   
svinyard

quote:

ORIGINAL: aliramenon

Might you be right, Let me check this after I can come to point and come here again to thank you.

...what?

(in reply to aliramenon)
Post #: 3
RE: New tool to test your Exchange server's security - 8.May2020 7:20:56 AM   
Edwin009

Run MBSA, SCW, SCM, and EBPA

The purpose of all these tools is to help you make sure your environment is secure enough.

Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA) is not a very sophisticated tool – its main purpose is to check for applied and available patches.

The Security Configuration Wizard (SCW) will check your OS depending on the roles of your server’s hosting and will give you some recommendations on how to enhance your security. It can help you in areas such as configuring the LM authentication protocol, SMB signing, and firewall rules for the roles of the server.

The Security Compliance Manager (SCM) is the newest Microsoft tool for performing a security scan on your hosted exchange server. The security configurations are checked against predefined templates and are deployed via Group Policy. It has a better library and features than the SCW.

The Exchange Best Practices Analyzer (EBPA) will check your current Exchange infrastructure against the Microsoft Best Practices. It is a good idea to check this periodically since the best practices change along with your infrastructure.

< Message edited by Edwin009 -- 29.May2020 7:09:35 AM >

Hosted Exchange Server Hosting | Exchange 2016 Migration to Office 365

(in reply to damienrvircom)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> Tips & Tricks >> New tool to test your Exchange server's security Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter