• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Norton Anti-Virus 2.1 for Exchange 5.5?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Norton Anti-Virus 2.1 for Exchange 5.5? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Norton Anti-Virus 2.1 for Exchange 5.5? - 16.Oct.2001 4:44:00 PM   
skol

What a POS. I've worked a few days on trying to install this worthless software.

I am getting a common error described on Symantecs site, but to no avail, NONE of the methods that are supposed to resolve the problem are working. Here's the error :

Situation:
While installing Norton AntiVirus for Microsoft Exchange (NAVMSE) 2.14 - 2.17 or 2.5 and during the configuration process of the installation, you see the error message "Profile needed by Norton AntiVirus for Microsoft Exchange could not be created by setup because it was unable to open the information store. Try running setup again." You may also see the error message "Unable to create profile, it may be in use."

No matter what I do, it doesn't fix it. They also give a suggestion to delete the registry keys, which aren't even there like explained.

Hopefully someone has experience with this..

Thanks

Post #: 1
RE: Norton Anti-Virus 2.1 for Exchange 5.5? - 6.Nov.2001 9:48:00 AM   
jonbush1

I've no experience of Norton AV for exchange, but try TrendMicro ScanMail...

easy to install and configure, does the job very well....

Jon

(in reply to skol)
Post #: 2
RE: Norton Anti-Virus 2.1 for Exchange 5.5? - 8.Nov.2001 12:07:00 AM   
Nobody

Sounds like there is not an Outlook/Exchange Client profile loaded on that server. NAV for Exchange requires one to load.

I like NAV for Exchange, but if you are fed up with it, maybe the Trend idea would be better.

(in reply to skol)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Norton Anti-Virus 2.1 for Exchange 5.5? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter