• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Notify me when I get an email?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Notify me when I get an email? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Notify me when I get an email? - 13.Jun.2008 9:22:32 AM   
andoni77ad

Hello,

I work for a charity where we have recently installed 2003 SBS. We are all volunteers with day jobs though so we have a bit of a hash of home addresses with forwards, mailboxes (accessed through Web Access) and people who only use their home addresses.

We are currently trying to get the volunteers to only use the new Exchange server for all mail related to the charity as that is backed up and keeps the information secure. What would be great for us is if we could get Exchange to notifiy our home or work address when our address in the charity receives an email.

I have gone through the config of the accounts on the Exchange server and there doesn't seem to be any obvious way to send a notification email to a separate address when my volunteer/charity address receives an email. Can anyone please tell me if it is possible? Can I script it with VBA? Is there some plugin available (even if it costs money)?

Thanks for any and all help,
Post #: 1
RE: Notify me when I get an email? - 13.Jun.2008 9:27:21 AM   
hscsadmin

While its not exactly what you asking for but you could have set up a mail-enabled contact and specify your home email address for that contact and then set up a forwarding rule.

(in reply to andoni77ad)
Post #: 2
RE: Notify me when I get an email? - 13.Jun.2008 9:33:56 AM   
andoni77ad

Correct me if I'm wrong but with that approach the email goes to the home address also? Part of what we are trying to achieve is not having charity-related emails on people's home PCs.

Thanks for your suggestion though!

< Message edited by andoni77ad -- 13.Jun.2008 1:40:57 PM >

(in reply to hscsadmin)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Notify me when I get an email? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter