• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OWA "Page Cannot Be Displayed"

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> OWA "Page Cannot Be Displayed" Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OWA "Page Cannot Be Displayed" - 2.Jun.2009 10:53:39 AM   
TestSubjec

Hi folks,

I have a problem with OWA in the sense that if I try and browse to the local address and external for OWA I keep receiving "Page Cannot Be Displayed".

I have ensured that IIS "Default WebSite" is running, I have even gone through KB883380, and restarted the server and I still receive the same problem.

I am running SBS2003 SP2.

Any input would be great.

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: OWA "Page Cannot Be Displayed" - 2.Jun.2009 1:08:01 PM   
rrizzojr

Are you being prompted for username and password before you get to the page cannot be displayed?

Is this a clean install of SBS and was OWA working at all?

(in reply to TestSubjec)
Post #: 2
RE: OWA "Page Cannot Be Displayed" - 3.Jun.2009 6:17:25 AM   
TestSubjec

It has now gone a stage further, I restored IIS from a backup I had about 4/5 months ago. The restore went through without a problem at all, OWA now working. However I had a problem starting the Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine service, the error it kept reporting was "The Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine service terminated with the following error: The system cannot find the path specified." It did abit of digging about and found that there was a missing entry in the IIS Metabase for the "resvc". I managed to get a copy of the two keys imported them into the IIS Metabase and have managed to get the Routing Exchange Working.
The main problem I now have is internal and external e-mail is just disappearing and I am wondering if the best solution would be to run a repair install of Exchange on the SBS server.

(in reply to TestSubjec)
Post #: 3
RE: OWA "Page Cannot Be Displayed" - 3.Jun.2009 4:02:34 PM   
TestSubjec

Moving on from the below problem.

What I have done is uninstalled and reinstalled IIS, and then reinstalled Exchange (alittle scary!!). This has resolve just about all my problems apart from one, however I have narrowed this down.

If I access OWA via http://localhost/exchange I don't get the standard OWA Login Page, instead I received a windows authenication box asking for my username and password. Not really sure why I get this.

If I acccess OWA via https://localhost/exchange I get the standard warning about the security certificate click on the continue link and then I get page cannot be displayed.

The same reasons apply if I replace localhost with the internal IP or external IP.

Please could someone help me.

Thanks

(in reply to TestSubjec)
Post #: 4
RE: OWA "Page Cannot Be Displayed" - 6.Jun.2009 8:16:10 AM   
ExchBin

To get the standard OWA login page, open ESM,
Expand Admin group and Servers
Expand your Server_name, Protocols, HTTP.
Right click on HTTP virtual server and go to it's properties, check the box for "Enable FBA" and restart your IIS.

Ensure regular OWA is working and then we can check for SSL

(in reply to TestSubjec)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> OWA "Page Cannot Be Displayed" Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter