• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OWA - Change password at client side

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA - Change password at client side Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OWA - Change password at client side - 22.Feb.2004 12:24:00 PM   
yakoob_md

Hi
I have installed Exchange server 2000 in our company's network.I access exchange via OWA,everything is fine except the change password option.When i click change password in options,the browser shows "page can not be displayed" and asks for settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0. I have enabled the same & made the browser security to LOW but stil it din't work for me. If any one has idea please let me know ?.
2. Is there any option that we can change password for a mail box at client side using outlook. Like option available for windows login i.e. "user must change password at first logon"

Regards
Yakoob
Post #: 1
RE: OWA - Change password at client side - 22.Feb.2004 12:42:00 PM   
Henrik Walther

Hi Yakoob,

Regarding your first question, have you implemented SSL using your own Certificate Authority ? Could you tell me the exact error message you get (maybe post a screendump) ?

Second question, no unfortunately it's not possible to change your password via your Outlook MAPI client.

(in reply to yakoob_md)
Post #: 2
RE: OWA - Change password at client side - 22.Feb.2004 12:54:00 PM   
yakoob_md

Hi Henrik

Thanks for your immediate response. I did not implement SSL using Certificate Authority. I think because of the same i'am getting that error.
Right now iam going thru the following link. Please let me know if it works for me
http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF004.html

Let me pos the error here..
The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
click Detect Network Settings
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

(in reply to yakoob_md)
Post #: 3
RE: OWA - Change password at client side - 22.Feb.2004 1:28:00 PM   
Henrik Walther

Ok that's the reason then, per standard SSL is required in order to change your password, and I advise against changing this behaviour, as it would be quite a security hole.

Yes that article will work for you, but have in mind, it describes how to install a 3rd party SSL (Verisign, Thawte etc.). If you're planning to use your own CA, check out Securing OWA using your own Certificate under below link:

http://www.4mcts.com/downloadpage.htm

(in reply to yakoob_md)
Post #: 4
RE: OWA - Change password at client side - 22.Feb.2004 4:50:00 PM   
yakoob_md

Hi Henrik

I have installed SSL certificated as per the documents. Still i find the following error when i click on the change password in "options". Please let me know how can i come out with this problem.

There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Open the 212.102.21.91 home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Click Search to look for information on the Internet.
You can also see a list of related sites.

HTTP 500 - Internal server error
Internet Explorer

(in reply to yakoob_md)
Post #: 5
RE: OWA - Change password at client side - 22.Feb.2004 9:14:00 PM   
Henrik Walther

And you did setup the IISADMPWD virtual folder like in below MS KB ?

268419 - How to Enable Password Change Functionality for Microsoft Exchange Server Outlook Web Access

(in reply to yakoob_md)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA - Change password at client side Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter