• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OWA Authentication problem

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA Authentication problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OWA Authentication problem - 17.Dec.2010 1:46:33 PM   
Zer0 G

Here is the section I wil be referring to. In EMC, Server Config > Client Access > (server) > Outlook Webaccess Tab, right click on the OWA (default web site) and select properties. Authentication Tab:

Currently I have owa set for forms based authentication. When I change it from forms based authentication to "Integrated Windows Authentication" and restart IIS. Internal network users who browse to OWA get right into their mailbox. Working as designed, however, external clients who use the url to get to owa from outside the corporate network receive a page not found error. Is there any other change I need to make in IIS or OWA in order for it to work for the external users so they are at least receiving a login screen?
Post #: 1
RE: OWA Authentication problem - 7.Jan.2011 3:40:24 AM   
adrian.pettitt

I always thought that the OWA logon screen was a forms based authentication.
As such if it is not enabled, you cannot get the logon screen.
As I understand what you are trying to do I believe that you need to have 2 CAS servers, one internal and one external each with a different config to achieve auto sign on internally with forms based externally.

Adrian

(in reply to Zer0 G)
Post #: 2
RE: OWA Authentication problem - 8.Mar.2011 2:09:13 AM   
lucas27

nice post thanks for sharing

Nip Tuck dvd Nip Tuck box set

(in reply to adrian.pettitt)
Post #: 3
OWA Intergrated authentication - 14.Apr.2011 4:55:28 AM   
jasonbvh

Hi
I have Exchange 2007 SP3 RU1 on Windows 2008 R2. I have a Exchange CCR clusters in one AD site A and the CAS\HUB sharing the role.
I installed another CCR cluster same os and setup and the CAS\HUB in the new AD site B. Users logging onto OWA in site A work fine, users in site B keep getting the logon prompt and I have set up intergrated authentication for OWA as described in most articles.
If a user in site b users the internl url for owa he can logon, but have to sepcify username and passowrd and for user in site a for that matter with intergrated authentication on.
So intergrated authentication is not working for owa it looks like the owa url redirect works but prompts for user name and password.
I came across an article explaining that, for intergrated to work for OWA the CAS must NOT have another role installed, I have CAS\HUB roles on both, is this true as I cannot get this to work and not sure why, I have gone through the setup as descriped etc. any other advise or help will be appreciated.
jasonbvh

jasonbvh

(in reply to Zer0 G)
Post #: 4
RE: OWA Intergrated authentication - 18.Apr.2011 8:41:23 PM   
jasonbvh

Does anyone know the answer to this? I cannot get this to work using intergrated authentication and my suspicion is its because the server has HUB and CAS role, so is this true?

jasonbvh

(in reply to jasonbvh)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA Authentication problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter