• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OWA Email Templates & Header Info

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA Email Templates & Header Info Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OWA Email Templates & Header Info - 8.Sep.2006 12:02:14 AM   
lrossi

I have a question regarding the header information (To, From, Subject, CC, etc.....) that's displayed for emails in both the preview pane and in pop windows. I have a web based notification application that sends out emails to various users and, in our case, it's configured to use MS Exchange. The notification application can only be configured to use one email account thus all emails received by end users see the same email user in the 'To' and 'From' field. From the end user perspective it can be confusing to see the same account information. Is there a way to hide, block, or strip out the header information and only display the body? I was unable to locate a template that controls this display. I'm aware MS does not recommend customizing OWA. I only require this for a proof of concept. Please advise.

< Message edited by lrossi -- 8.Sep.2006 2:59:54 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: OWA Email Templates & Header Info - 29.Sep.2006 8:45:24 PM   
jchong

Not that I'm aware of without implementing an event sink. You could write your own event sink that would intercept the message first and re-write the From so that it is blank. I've haven't tested using blank from so I can not gurantee it will work. If not, you can specify another address so that at least it is not the same.

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBScript">

Sub ISMTPOnArrival_OnArrival(ByVal Msg, EventStatus )
senderemailaddress = LCase(Msg.EnvelopeFields(http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/smtpenvelope/senderemailaddress))
rem User Replace Statements use lower case
senderemailaddress = replace(senderemailaddress, "SMTP:sendingaddress@yourdomain.com", "SMTP:")

James Chong
MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+
msexchangetips.blogspot.com

(in reply to lrossi)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA Email Templates & Header Info Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter