• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OWA Not displaying Textbox

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA Not displaying Textbox Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OWA Not displaying Textbox - 11.Jan.2004 4:53:00 PM   
alanp5

When users try to access OWA from the intranet, it works fine. When they access over the internet everything seems to work fine until they try to create, reply or forward a message. When the new message for displays they are unable to type in the texbox where the message body should go. The onlything that is displayed there is a red "X" like it wasn't abble to load the control. I have tried the HTTP 1.1 through proxy suggestion, but that didn't work. Has anyone else had this problem?
Post #: 1
RE: OWA Not displaying Textbox - 1.Mar.2004 9:33:00 PM   
jaswild

Instead of creating another post, I'm bumping this one. I have the same issue where New/Reply/Forward frames when accessing OWA only show a little icon with a red 'X'. But I can't actually type in a reply message.

I can view the original message, most everything works fine, but I can't type messages.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions. I've searched high and low for an answer and checked all the settings I know of. I'm at a loss.

Thanks.

(in reply to alanp5)
Post #: 2
RE: OWA Not displaying Textbox - 22.Mar.2004 3:58:00 PM   
Go to options under OWA. Under the E-mail Security section click the download S/MIME control or Re-Install. Should work after that.

(in reply to alanp5)
  Post #: 3
RE: OWA Not displaying Textbox - 22.Mar.2004 4:07:00 PM   
alanp5

I don't see the option that you are talking about in OWA...... I don't have an E-mail Security section. Do you mean in Exchange or IE????

(in reply to alanp5)
Post #: 4
RE: OWA Not displaying Textbox - 22.Mar.2004 10:24:00 PM   
s2000

Guys let me say hi. This is my first post and over the last two days I have had a lot of help from this website and others. I have read many threads and had a huge amount of trouble installing OWA with SSL. Actually I installed it in 10 minutes flat but then it didn't work as I expected and after trying all combinations I uninstalled and started all over agaon. Turns out that there was nothing wrong with my intial configurations.

Long story short I was having the same problem which has been mentioned in this thread and thanks to another post by another user I have resolved my issues and hope you can do the same.

Resolution of this problem is as follows:

Make sure you users set IE to allow HTTP1.1 and HTTP 1.1 through proxy connections. It's in the advanced tab of the Internet Options in IE. This fixed it for me

This solution came from another post here at :
http://forums.msexchange.org/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=000860

I had the 1.1 through proxy ticked but not the other therefore everything worked for me except when I replied OWA took a very long time to get the message up. Also please have a look at this excellent site for OWA with SSL and own Certificates. This took me 10 minutes to do.

http://www.smallbizserver.net/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=83

Thanks.

[ March 22, 2004, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: s2000 ]

(in reply to alanp5)
Post #: 5
RE: OWA Not displaying Textbox - 22.Mar.2004 10:28:00 PM   
alanp5

I've already tried that and still had the same thing happen. I think it has something to do with one of the MS patches that I applied because it use to work fine. I'm just not sure which one it is.

(in reply to alanp5)
Post #: 6
RE: OWA Not displaying Textbox - 22.Mar.2004 10:47:00 PM   
s2000

I wish I had read your first post properly because the resolution I needed was right there and would have saved me hours of trouble! [Frown] We live and we learn.

Sorry to hear that this does not help your situation though. I can't understand why it would work from within and not outside the network. Do you have ISA or a firewall in between or are you using NAT? I can only think of those issues which would allow you to have access inside but not from the net. I am sure you have already addressed those issues but can not see for the life of me what else would interfere. Ah, does the ISP of the users allow full access or is it perhaps going through their firewall? If so they might not have 443 open. Maybe?

(in reply to alanp5)
Post #: 7
RE: OWA Not displaying Textbox - 22.Mar.2004 10:50:00 PM   
s2000

Also have you ticked both HTTP 1.1 including the standard and proxy? That makes a difference in my case. Might also want to try and put the url into the trusted sites box. [Smile]

(in reply to alanp5)
Post #: 8
RE: OWA Not displaying Textbox - 22.Mar.2004 10:56:00 PM   
alanp5

I'm not going through a firewall. This occurs even on my intranet.

(in reply to alanp5)
Post #: 9
RE: OWA Not displaying Textbox - 22.Mar.2004 11:21:00 PM   
s2000

Sorry to sound confused but you wrote:

When users try to access OWA from the intranet, it works fine. When they access over the internet everything seems to work fine until they try to create, reply or forward a message.

So is the issue on the network as well or not? Thanks.

(in reply to alanp5)
Post #: 10
RE: OWA Not displaying Textbox - 23.Mar.2004 2:53:00 AM   
alanp5

It doesn't matter where they are, internet or intranet. The same thing happen on both networks.

(in reply to alanp5)
Post #: 11
RE: OWA Not displaying Textbox - 23.Mar.2004 8:06:00 AM   
ewlettard

Here is the fix for Windows XP home edition, it may work on other OS's

regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Triedit\dhtmled.ocx"

regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Triedit\triedit.dll"

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Triedit\dhtmled.ocx"

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Triedit\triedit.dll"

(in reply to alanp5)
Post #: 12

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA Not displaying Textbox Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter